1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My love story - My new crush

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Confused Guy, Jan 10, 2014.

1. Confused Guy

Hi everyone. I am 21 years old still studying in college and I just registered here.

This is the first time I am actually writing in a forum like this. I am doing this to help me figure out about my life and the guy I like hoping I can get some advices from you.

So he's 23. And we met through a common friend and we started talking on skype. He then invited me out. So 2 days ago we went to dinner together. The date took around 90 minutes, so it wasn't very long. I really enjoyed it(not only his looks but also his personality so I'm excited). I think he also liked it but I'm not sure he liked Me. I mean he did laugh and in the end he said he liked and we should repeat it(but he didn't mention any date). I told him that I'm too busy with exams and I'm constantly studying(which is true) but I guess after saying that he feel like he felt like he couldn't invite because he is stealing my time. I am too obsessed with studying but my college kind of demands it and I need to memorize lots of things have good grades. But I still want to go out with him again. So anyway we've been texting but nothing too much.

I am thinking about inviting him to do something next week(I'll be studying full weekend). I'm not sure if we should have another dinner. Go for a walk? How should I approach him?

Also, and that's probably the thing that's making this awkward for him(maybe). I did date a long-term friend of him in early 2013. They're still friends from what I know. But that relationship wasn't really good for me/what I wanted. But I can see that he may not want to date me considering I'm his friend's ex. Hoping that won't ruin everything.

Well. I'll go study now guys. Hope you read this and give me advice. I'll be updating this as often as things develop. Hopefully soon.

Thanks everyone!

2. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You could just have coffee or something simple or go for a movie, which will give something to focus on. A walk sounds easy. Maybe it's best if you ask him what he would be interested in. There's no harm in asking; it's up to him to decide.