1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Emotions of my BF

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Cass, Jan 11, 2014.

1. Cass

My boyfriends Uncle died a year ago, and it seems like instead of getting better, hes getting worse.
    Hes growing more distant, hes hiding his feelings from me, hes angry at others over dumb things that he used to never be so mad about. I dont know what to do. So far he and his mother have both talked to me about how supportive i was while his uncle was sick, and after he died, but at that point he was not exactly hiding his sadness. Now, even though i can see it, he acts like hes okay, and i literally have to ask and ask before he admits whats wrong.

Is there something I am doing wrong?

2. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No, you're not doing anything wrong. All you can do is let him know that you're there for him whenever he wants to talk. Sometimes, space can be a good thing then again, it may not be. I've been at my ex boyfriend's side since he loss his brother the year before last. Things have been extremely difficult for him and his family and they will be for a while.

I mean, I was very close to his brother as well - he's my kids uncle and I miss him dearly. It does easier with time, but I never go a day without thinking about him.

Just reassure your boyfriend that it's okay to cry and that you're there for him if he ever needs a shoulder to cry on.

#2 pinklov3ly, Jan 11, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2014