1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Straight friend likes me?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by QueerQueen, Jan 12, 2014.

1. QueerQueen

Okay, so I know there are a ton of posts about gays liking their straight friends, but what to do when it is the other way around?

So my best friend has never liked a girl before until this summer when I made her question her sexuality or so she said. She made it sound like it was something that she was over. Anyways there is a guy that she has liked for 2-3 years now..I think she may love him, and I spent time with him and her yesterday, we went to her house after he picked me up and we both ended up sitting on the opposite sides of the bed. Then my friend sat in the middle looking from the two of us back and forth saying "which one do I want hmm?" She's a very open person.

So yesterday when the three of us were hanging out she said that we made her really emotional sometimes, and I asked why I made her emotional since you know I'm her friend and she was like never mind I shouldn't have said that. By the way I've known her for about three years now and before the summer that just went by she has only though of me as a friend, which I think is a little strange that all of a sudden she has these feelings.

I was going to bed at around 2am last night when she messaged me on facebook. She said she has been talking to this girl who is in a relationship with another girl about her situation. She said she thought she had feelings for a girl and has for a while now but that she didn't know what to do because she's never been into girls. The girl told her that she might be bi-romantic but I'm not so sure if she has only been into one girl, unless it's just starting now.

She copied and pasted basically the whole conversation she had with this girl. She said she has never had feelings at all for girls, but she has the most amazing person in her life, she said she wondered how it would be if she told her because she doesn't know if she likes girls in that way, but she is so amazing it could be possible.

I'm not going to show the whole conversation, but anyways, I said that I know its confusing and that I wish there was an easy way to explain everything but that there really isn't and that maybe we could talk about it tomorrow when we hang out. Which is today I'll be going swimming with her and another friend.

So this all leaves me really confused, and it makes it even worst that there is this girl that I like who is a lesbian, but she is off in boot camp for the air force until the end of march. I don't want to do anything while she is away because.. well honestly because I love her. Me and her aren't dating because of the distance but we both have an understanding that we both like each other and that if anything happens with someone else we are completely honest about it and tell the other person. At the same time I don't want to reject this other girl because she is my best friend.

Something did end up happening on Halloween at her party though, which I already told the other girl, my friend ended up sitting on my lap and taking my hands and moving them down her body.. she was drunk and she got off right after, but I don't know this is all really confusing for me. I don't even know if I feel anything for my friend, but how can I reject her if its her first time to feel something and if she is so confused about it.. I would feel terrible. Help? :confused:

2. Your friend doesn't sound gay from what you're telling me. She could be biromantic, but it doesn't sound like it. She just sounds confused and experimental.

Love your shirt btw

3. itsonlyrelative

She doesn't sound gay, she just sounds like she is confused in my opinion. This sounds like one of those "I'm only 'gay' for you" things and I wouldn't risk a potential actual relationship with the girl away at boot camp over this.

4. QueerQueen

Thanks, I know I definitely don't want to jeopardise my relationship with the girl who is away. She definitely doesn't give me that vibe that she is gay either, I know I'm the only girl she's ever liked. It just sucks that shes like my best friend..

5. itsonlyrelative

Yeah it puts you in a really hard position, but you should just be honest with her as best you can be.