1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dating and love

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by BookDragon, Jan 12, 2014.

1. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So over the past few months I've probably used one noun more than any other. Boyfriend.

Over and over and over, I'm starting to sound like a broken record. I want a boyfriend, badly (or actually I want whatever comes my way there are just certain...urges...I want to fix and I need a guy for those :icon_wink) and I keep going on about it all the time to anyone that'll listen! But that's not the problem!

See, I am SOMEHOW apparently hopelessly romantic. At the moment I feel like I want to just fall deeply and madly in love with the first person who looks at me with anything other than revulsion, which is obviously neither healthy nor helpful. Sex is (probably) great and all, but I can't function that way romantically, I've always been very long-term orientated (probably because I'm too damned lazy to put a lot of effort in to something short term) and that's not about to change.

Problem is, obviously I find myself very limited in terms of potential partners, what with being trans, nerdy, fat and ugly! So one part of my brain is saying "Don't just fall for the first guy, make sure they are right for you" and the other part is like "Don't die alone you fucking moron". I'm not entirely sure which side to cheer for...

Any thoughts?

2. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I feel the same way but sometimes i too am a little lazy and will not put a lot effort this is the first time that i'm putting effort but I think where is my girlfriend and i want to fall in love now and excuse my language and have lot lesbian sex ,, it's hard finding other girls that are lesbian or bi where i live and I'm not gonna walk up to every woman and asked . Yesterday I was checking the girls key chains at work to see if anyone else was a lesbian or gay so i can ask if they knew other lesbians so far no one had an lgbt key chain so i was out of luck . but i'm willing to try now but the search is so hard and a lot of work and frustrating

3. blond

Same here, i get depressed about it especially with that stupid ass holiday which shall not be named coming up. As for thoughts? I don't know i'm in the same boat.

4. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Oh NO ! not that one :tears:

5. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes...THAT one...the most annoying thing about THAT one is that the one time I HAD a girlfriend I actually had almost the perfect day on that day, and that was completely by accident...now I can't find anyone to repeat it with! Fuuuu.... xD

6. sounds like you need to work on yourself a little more before you can attract the right kind of guys. if you go for anyone who shows interest in you (l/t relationship wise), it makes you desperate and that doesnt ever end well. youll more than likely end up in a bad relationship or a few months down the line realise im just with x person becuase i want someone, i dont want to be alone. thats bad if you are wanting someone and something more permanant because of course someone gets hurt.

you say youre ugly, fat e.t.c but you more than liekly arent. the right guys will come along and make you feel a million dollars. you just have to be patient.

but my suggestion is to work on your self confidence more then you will probably without knowing it attract more people and you probably wont feel like you need a relationship so much. its okay to want a relationship but you cant really be in a relationship if you dont have a healthy way of looking at yourself first. you need to love yourself first before anyone can love you back.

sorry if i come off as harsh...

7. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    " i come off as harsh."

If that was you being harsh, you must be most delightful when it comes to being complimentary :slight_smile:

You're right of course, I don't want just any old guy, because I really don't want to have to end something that shouldn't have started...even if I do get lonely. Hmmm. :slight_smile:

8. justfacepalm

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    First...GURL Slap your D**m yourself! (Omg, i just sounded reallllly gay:lol:slight_smile: Unless you weigh over 300 pounds and your face was gang banged by a bear, the you are neither fat OR ugly.
    Second...We are the same:kiss: Almost everything you said apply in my life

"Don't die alone you fucking moron"

I said this to myself a week ago...:confused:

Third...I think everyone wants to find love, although few people have the guts to show it...So my advice would be to wait...Wait for someone to have the guts to openly love you back. because like you said, they might not be right for you otherwise.
    Cheer for the side that says " I'm a beautiful person who deserves a MOTHER-Fucking prince charming" Because (quoting a movie) We only get the love we think we deserve.

So love yourself first, before you expect someone to love you.....(*hug*)

Good luck:slight_smile:

9. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That bear told me he would be gentle! :'(

10. memyself

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    You're only ugly if you think you're ugly. Beauty is 10% looks and 90% confidence. And if you want to work on having a healthy body, you can.

11. DhammaGamer

I've stopped looking for a genuine relationship. I figure I'll find something "real" when I'm in my 30's and done with my transition. Until then, I just flirt a lot and have occasional flings. It's very liberating not feeling like I need someone in my life in order to be happy.

12. justfacepalm

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    ....I will personally go to a witch doctor and get him to let me reach through my computer and slap you. YOU. ARE. Beautiful:slight_smile: Its just that some assWHORES are blind to what really matters...:slight_smile: