1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please help

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by evora, Jan 12, 2014.

1. evora

I think I'm about to lose a friend due to me falling in love with her. She is my only and best friend but as my feelings have been getting stronger, I've started to question myself for trusting her and opening up to her so much. I'm dreading how my feelings will affect me when I'm around her. I've already started to feel jealous of her friends and now I keep thinking maybe it was stupid of me to trust her because she has so many friends that I don't mean as much to her as she does to me (as a friend).

I don't want to mess up the best friendship I've ever had because of my feelings for her. I have a tendency to push people away, I've noticed that I always do this but I don't know how to stop.

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's not entirely clear, but have you come out to her? If so, and she's very supportive, you can simply give her a nice version of the truth. "I've noticed I started getting feelings for you that I'm positive aren't being returned. So I may need to take a bit of a break from you for awhile until I can get my head back to a better spot." Then, do it. Take a bit of a break, and start finding some more people to hang out with.

Lex

3. evora

Yes, she knows I'm gay and doesn't have a problem with it.
    It was exactly distance that made my feelings stronger so I'm not sure it would work.
    I don't want to find new people, I like her a lot.

Do you think it would ruin our friendship if I was honest with her? I'm not sure anymore although she might already know because I sort of implied it...:rolle: She said "it happens"...:rolle: but I still don't know how she feels about it because she already has a friend who's according to my friend is in love with her.

I think I should be honest with her because she's told me that's what she likes about me. I'm just not sure how honest I should be about this.:icon_sad: