1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to flirt

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Nihonokage, Jan 13, 2014.

1. Nihonokage

I'm a beginner at this and I was wondering, how do you flirt. Cause my crush was over yesterday and we were playing Zelda Twilight Princess and in the game you can name Link (the one you play) and Epona (your horse) and because I thought it would be funny I named Link 'Conor' (him) and Epona 'Ryan'(Me) and this lead to a load of jokes about how he was "riding" me and how he was "hitting" me... would that be considered flirting, considering he was making the joke too? (Note: I named Link after him because he likes wolfs... if you've played the game you'll know what that's about)

There were other things too but that was the main thing.

2. FishMan27

I am all too familiar with your predicament. I just asked out my first crush last month, and he said yes! I still don't really know how to flirt, but honestly, just being especially kind and friendly goes a long way to let someone know you're interested. I could never bring myself to do any of the cliched middle school flirting you see on TV.

Being the resourceful guy I am, I did a lot of Internet surfing to try to figure out how to flirt, but a lot of what I found just seemed awkward and unnatural to me. I think the best piece of advice I found was to mirror your crush. The more you get to know them, the more you'll pick up on what they like, how they behave, what their idiosyncrasies are, etc. Obviously, don't act like someone you're not, but small things can serve as a form of flattery.

3. WhiteShadows

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Lol that's a great way to flirt. Although it's possible for him to take it as just general crude-ness. Um... yeah...
    Twilight Princess for the win!!
    Keep at it. maybe tell him once in a while how amazing he is, and that you really like spending time with him. Or tell him he's cute. Whatever works for you :slight_smile:

4. Nihonokage

... @WhiteShadows, if that's the case then I've been flirting unintentionally with him XD
    He's saying how he's gained about 3 stone in a year (so he's doing something crazy like 350 and something push-ups etc everyday.) and stuff and I said something like "...I think your perfect the way you are..." Also I'm not sure when/ if he's flirting with me, would him taking part in that riding related joke be considered flirting? (cause if so I'm completely clueless XD)

5. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The best flirting is the kind we don't realise we are doing! It's weird isn't it how usually only one half of the pair seems to notice when one of them is flirting. If you TRY and flirt, they don't notice, and you don't notice when you end up flirting well!