1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A little bit of a pickle

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by dblockdavis, Jan 13, 2014.

1. dblockdavis

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I am in a little bit of a pickle. There is this guy that is uber religous, (says he is straight as an arrow) shoots the shit with other straight guys, has a girlfriend and says he is waiting until marriage for sex, won't take it farther with a girl, and i see him reading a pocket bible in his free time. Yet, when he is around me, he flirts with me, rubs my arm hair, touches me, looks at my butt, i catch him looking when he doesnt think i notice, and he even said once "I want you to put it in my butt". he doesn't share any of the straight stuff about girls, ect with me. And if it is brought up to him like "dude that girl is hot" within earshot of me, he keeps looking at me like hes embarressed, and re-assures me that she is just flirting practice. On a mini golf trip that he was at (with friends) I said "do you think i can make it in the hole?" on a flirting way and he said "No...... I have to help you guide it in!". He doesn't know i am gay, but he keeps pressing me about my sexuality like "you are straight as a rainbow too i bet!" and when i was talking about a football game he said "GAME starts with GAY!". WTF is going on? is this some bizzare religious hate crime gay baiting? (i see him reading the bible) or is he a closet case that wants to have sex with me? serious opinions please. this could be very serious.

2. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ""you are straight as a rainbow"

I can't be the only person who reads this and thinks either he just called you and him gay or he has never seen a rainbow before...

" is this some bizzare religious hate crime gay baiting? (i see him reading the bible)"

Just remember that just because he's read a bible, doesn't mean he's about to commit a hate crime...

What exactly do you want to happen out of this, because I'm guessing even if he IS secretly gay, you're not going to turn around and date him.

3. dblockdavis

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I need to know if i am being bullied or what. do you think he is secretly gay?

4. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you're not sure if you're being bullied, then you're not...or at least he isn't a very effective bully.

If he's saying things like "I want you to put it in my butt", he's either dropping the least subtle hints in the world, or he's trying to get you to turn round and profess your love for him so he can take the piss, is that basically your theory? Honestly, I wouldn't know where to put my money. If he IS just trying to bully you then he must have something wrong with him 'cause even I can set someone up for a take-down better than that. If he IS gay, he's probably heavily overcompensating. Either way he seems like he's trying to get you to admit that YOU are gay, why not ask him straight up next time you catch him doing something vaguely flirty with you, then ask him. If he says he isn't tell him to stop doing it.

5. dblockdavis

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Yeah i do feel like he is trying to get me to say i want to profess my love to him so he can mock and ridicule me. He even wanted to "compete" with me to get a date with a hot girl, and he won of course (hes really hot) and he said "you are just mad i won!" he also once said to me "you don't know you are being made fun of". so he pretended to like me to mock and ridicule me? why the hell is he trying to get me to admit i am gay

6. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Because people are weird like that...well, whether he's secretly gay or not, he sounds like a bit of an ass.

7. dblockdavis

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    so i should ignore this peice of shit and continue on with my life? Its hard because i have a crush on him! I am so angry with myself because he made me feel really bad about myself and i am not mad because i am attracted to him!

8. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd call him out on it personally...I mean there is always the chance he actually ISN'T trying to be a dick...doesn't mean you have to admit anything to him but if you catch him looking at your butt again, ask him why he's doing it and if he says he's straight tell him to stop...

9. dblockdavis

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I think hes being a dick and he was smirking at my butt because i am not attractive and he is an immature asshole

---------- Post added 13th Jan 2014 at 01:59 PM ----------

When i touch him he like doesnt budge he just kind of "takes it" i guess. He didnt pull away. he just freezes and lets me do it. He also said "you got tape on you!" and he picked it off the back of my shirt. He reached down once and said "i am not going for your junk" he also grinded the back of his head into my chest when we were lifting something onto a wall to get a better look

10. dblockdavis

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    yeah so i dunno. He came and talked to me again

11. ControlledChaos

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    If it were me, I wouldn't reveal shit about your sexuality or how you feel towards him. I think if he were a closet case, he wouldn't be so forward with you (i.e. saying "I want you to put it in my butt).

I had a similar experience last year with a guy I met through mutual friends. He became really touchy really quickly, and I thought it was really strange. I wondered if he was gay.

The touching you guys have had is more questionable, but in my case, it meant nothing. We texted sometimes and hung out one time just the two of us, and there was never anything about the conversations/hang out that made me think he was gay. In fact, I thought the opposite afterwards.

12. dblockdavis

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    So you think he is just pulling my leg? i heard that he has a girlfriend.

13. ControlledChaos

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Based off what you said, yes.

14. AaronMed

15. dblockdavis

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    thanks. I know he is an evangelical christian and he was doing some weird form of gay baiting that i can't even comprehend. His fucked up psychopathic church probably put him up to that. These people are the fucking scum of the earth man. It kills me because he is attractive too! I was attracted to him. I cant help that i am gay, and i have to deal with this?

16. Purplefrog

Purplefrog Guest

I'm not so sure he's 100% straight. It seems to me he is a bit confused and acting out in a playful, safe way, his homosexual feelings. He may well have picked up on the fact you're gay from his baby gaydar.

Either way, he does sound like he's not really a good bet for pursuing at the moment, even if he is cute!

BTW, I'd be careful what you say about churches. There are many Christians and Churches that aren't homophobic. Also, not all evangelicals are necessarily homophobic. Just saying - be careful.

17. dblockdavis

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Well i overheard him say "gay people think god loves them but its adam and steve not adam and eve". and he told me "i dont want to know what another man feels like". then he kept saying "did you hear what i said?" dude seriously what is wrong with this nutjob. hes baiting me or something. trying to find out i am gay to ridicule me

18. dblockdavis

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    oh well i let it go

19. mobrien1993

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    After reading everything posted above, it is possible that he might be curious about who he is and is flirting with you to see what kind of a response he can get out of you. If I were you I would just ignore him and try to get over the crush you have on him. Is it possible. That the reason you have a crush on him is because he was flirting with you and it makes you feel good about yourself? No one should make you feel bad about being who you are.

20. AudreyB

AudreyB Guest

Seconded. No one perfectly straight, not even "crusading Christian" types, are as fixated on homosexuality as this guy you've described. My guess is that he's well on his way to becoming a future gloryhole star. He's in the denial stage, so I wouldn't expect anything positive to result from your coming out to him. Maybe after a broken marriage or two, maybe some other kind of disgrace, he'll finally come out to himself. Pass, is my recommendation.