1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stay married or not?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by gdsgrl71, Jan 13, 2014.

1. gdsgrl71

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hello Everyone!

I am 43 years old and have been married for almost 12 years. In those almost 12 years, none of them have been truly happy.

To start off, I did come out when I was 28. I was in a relationship with my high school crush and so in love with her! We lived together for some time and she was another mom to my son. I always heard "you're not really a lesbian" or "you're just experimenting" from my family. Finally the pressure got to both of us and we split. I decided that maybe I wasn't really a lesbian. Maybe I was bi. So I started dating men again and then married my husband. The first few years were good. I was able to put my desire for women aside (never truly gone though). When I turned 40, I started to re-evaluate my life. I started thinking more and more about women and told my husband "I really think I might be a lesbian". He laughed it off and I just set my feelings aside for the sake of everyone else. Well, last May, I had enough! I went to my husband, came out and said that I would try to stay with him, but, he had to accept me or I would leave right then and there! Needless to say, our sex life was (and still is) in the toilet! I still haven't acted on my feelings and it is affecting me! I am so depressed! I want to express who I truly am! The only reason I am still married is not to disappoint anyone and because, in some way, I still love my husband (more as a friend).

Who else is going through something similar? I really need help!