1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moving in with crush advice?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Draco, Jan 13, 2014.

1. Draco

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Ok long story short, same guy I've been complaing about for the past 3 years. Well he knows how I feel about him but says he wants to be just friends. He said that about ayear ago now he wants to move in with me as friends. Logically I know I shouldn't but my heart is blinding me and saying I should. We would only be living together for about 6 months before he has to leave for work for a bit. Advice please!

Also I forgot to mention. He's been acting very sweet lately and doing things he's never done for me before. I guess I could say he's making a conscious effort. Examples, I got up to make him dinner at my place and he jumped up to help I had to tell him I can handle it. He jumped up to the dishes. He has never helped with the dishes and last is that he sleeps in my guest room he actually made his bed. He usually just is a messy boy but he seems to be trying. It's throwing me off. ADVICE!!!!!

#1 Draco, Jan 13, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2014
  2. stumble along

Think he just really wants you to room with him and is trying to clean up his act so you'll say yes

Once it actually happens usually these clean habits go out the window in a week or two

This happens with college roommates all the time.

3. Draco

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yea but he really has no real need to move in with me. He dosent need to save money or anything and he would actually be going out of his way to live with me. I'm not sure if actually misses me and has realized over the past month or so.

4. confused1234

If it's really only six months, and he's okay with you liking him, then I say go for it. Unless of course you're going to be unhappy in that arrangment.

5. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah, there doesn't seem to be any downside for moving in with him. You might get to know him better as either a friend or possibly more than a friend.

6. Draco

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    We used to work together and see eachother all day every day however this is not the case anymore. I've moved on to a diffrent job and I rarely get see him anymore. I want to spend as much time with him before he leaves in 6 months and I think he may feel the same way since I changed jobs. I thinks that's why he's been acting diffrent

7. Foster

Probably not a good idea if you still have feelings for him....