1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does kissing get better?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by swingthatway, Jan 14, 2014.

1. swingthatway

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Today I invited over a boy that I'd been crushing on for a few weeks, and we ended up "making out". The problem is, I really hated it.

I've decided that it has nothing to do with gender, as I am attracted fairly equally to both men and women. Plus I have kissed a girl before and experienced a similar feeling of negativity.

But this whole 'kissing' thing has me worried - what if I never enjoy kissing anyone? What if the kissing never gets better? I agreed to start a relationship with this guy, but now I'm really scared that I'll never enjoy being intimate.

So, my question is to those who are older and more experienced. Does kissing become easier and more attractive as the relationship progresses? Or does it all depend on the person? I don't want to be stuck in this rut of bad teenage sloppiness forever :frowning2:

2. WhiteShadows

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wish I could help, but I have no idea :frowning2:

3. Mogget

Some people like kissing, some people don't. There is definitely a skill to kissing, and some people are better at it than others. However, since it is a skill, a bad kisser can become a better one.

4. swingthatway

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks for the help. And you're right - with enough practice we'll both improve. Or maybe I just don't like kissing, which is just something that I'll have to get used to :slight_smile:

5. Im Just Me

I don't know if you mean tongue kissing when you say making out, or just kissing for a long period or open-mouthed or what, but assuming you were kissing with tongue, here is my answer:

Personally, I've never enjoyed kissing with tongue. I'm very distracted by the tongue and if we are doing other physical things (foreplay or whatever) I can't get passed the feeling of the tongue and enjoy the rest.
    Or, even with nothing else going on, the tongue is just...unpleasant. It's wet and slimy and I just don't see the appeal in moving your tongues around each others'. ^^;

I told my current boyfriend early in our relationship that I just didn't really like tongue kissing, and he understood and thoguh it wasn't something he ran into before, he said he could be okay with that. We've done kissing without tongue and you can still "make out" or kiss for long periods without it being "french kissing" and using tongue, and I really really like it. I've talked to him about it more recently, and if it bothers him and he has actually come to prefer this.

In the end, everyone has there likes and dislikes with physical stuff. Even if it isn't in the norm, that's totally fine. Just bring it up when you're comfortable to do so, and find something you both can enjoy doing.

6. wandergirl

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Thinking back of my kisses as a teenager i can say they got much better. i think it's a matter of practice and also it's different with each person you kiss. everyone has a different kissing style and i think the most important is to "adjust" with the person, creating a rhythm that makes the kiss good.
    i personally like tongue kiss, combined with lips kiss. if things are going good you can also try to bite his/her lips, not too hard, just to more things more interesting. :wink:
    if you like the person it doesn't mean the kiss is gonna be awesome. some people are good kissers and you can enjoy it even if it's for one night only. i think the most important is how good it is to spend time together, doesn't matter if you are kissing or not. kiss when u feel like, and not cause it's kinda something u gotta do.

7. JustKat

I first started kissing and making out at about 17-18. It definitely got better for me. Each person I kissed was different (I've kissed two men and countless women), some were better at it than others, some like it and some don't. All I can suggest is don't do anything you aren't comfortable with, try new things, make sure kissing partner is respectful of your requests, be safe and have fun.

8. Wardrobe93

What is the point in even saying that? doesnt really help anyone

---------- Post added 26th Jan 2014 at 10:52 PM ----------

well I know when you really like someone kissing is the best! releases this tention and for me the guy im with atm whenever i see him its all i wanna do! never want to let him go :grin: xxxx

9. altcipher

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I am certainly not as experienced on the topic as some might be, but I will offer that I have found that, to me, kissing has to have a sort of passion behind it or its just not very pleasant. It is also worth noting that it is a skill you can perfect over time.

I personally find that more often then not I prefer a lot of short sweet kisses to just "making out" with tongue and all that. Maybe try mixing things up in this respect to see?

Not sure if that was actually helpful, but just in case it is.

10. Rosepetal

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Im not experienced but it wassnt really my idea to kiss boys,scumbag boys coerced me into it but luckily i slapped them nd punched them. I do like it tho but it depends on whether im okay with it.