1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Friend came out to me... and onto me?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Jencat, Jan 14, 2014.

1. Jencat

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I should probably clarify that I'm a lesbian myself, and my friend is also a girl.

Anyway, she pinged my gaydar the first day I saw her in my class in September, and we started talking (a la mutual friend in our class). We had a few things in common and joked around and eventually I came out to her. Nothing really changed until she came out as queer to me a couple days after she broke up with her boyfriend.

She started acting differently, almost flirty but not. It's hard to describe, but there's definitely something different. She's working on talking up a guy, and she also has feelings for another girl. She seems like the kind of person who constantly has to be in a relationship, and I'm not sure if that's what she's doing with me, or if she's just Super Comfortable around me, or what.

How can I approach this? I just went through a break up myself, and I definitely don't have romantic feelings for my friend (and I don't even know if that's where she's going, but some days it definitely feels like it) S:

2. ChainsrGone

She sounds like she might be confused herself. I would approach her, as a friend, and try to figure out where she stands so that it does not continue and her feel she may have a chance with you (if she is interested in you)