1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Heartbroken

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by arturoenrico, Jan 14, 2014.

1. arturoenrico

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've been out to my kids since last June. I moved out, at my wife's insistence, on November 2. My daughter is a junior in college, almost 21. My son is a senior in high school, almost 18. I've been very close to both kids, a totally involved father. My daughter is essentially out of the house since she lives at school and this semester she will be studying abroad in Europe. She was home for about 3 weeks and she was great, always calling, texting, stopping by. I have always been very close to my son; very involved in his life. Now I never see him. True, he's got one foot out the door but if I was in the house I would get to see him spontaneously when he runs in and out and when he comes home at night since I'm a vampire and don't sleep. He's a bad communicator and doesn't answer texts and he misplaces his phone all the time. He won't agree to any fixed time to see me so I feel I've lost him at this critical point when he'll be off to college in September. I'm heartbroken, devastated, and actually feel physically ill from this. I wrote both the kids heartfelt letters on New Years. My daughter was responsive about it but I don't eve now if my son read it. And to add to it all, most the "friends"who assured me I was still a friend, etc, after I came out have dropped me. I wasn't invited to most if the holiday parties I've gone to for more than 20 years. I feel Ike a criminal.

2. Nick07

(*hug*) you are not. I believe it is just several coincidences but together it seems like a big deal.
    Your son probably hasn't changed his life or the way he sees you.