1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

School and mom

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by KariGordon1996, Jan 14, 2014.

1. KariGordon1996

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So recently this guy I've known for about two years, and am friends with, has been calling me a lesbian and asking me if I'm a homo ever day at school. I am, but I'm not out to anyone at school or barely anyone at all. It wouldn't really get to me but it's a Christian school and people are starting to ask me questions.. Not sure how to deal with it.. And my mom has been having talks with me about the way I dress and act. She told me I need to start acting more feminine or I'll never attract the right guys. She told me "as long as you assure me that you don't like girls and like boys. And that I'll have a son in law with grand babies some day I'm fine." I wanted to tell her so bad but I know that if I do, she'd either kick me out or send me to a boarding school somewhere. I'm just not sure how to handle things anymore.. I think deep down my mom knows but I don't think she'll ever be okay with it, I'm afraid she won't have much to do with me once I tell her...

2. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's even worse than my mom! :eek::tears:

Honestly, I can't see any way you could tell your mother and avoid her being disappointed/angry. Just make sure she knows you're your own person and should be able to make choices about your own life. Besides that, I don't know what else you can do about your mom; she sounds too self-centered, not like she wants you to be happy. :icon_sad:

As for the guy at school, I would just try to ignore it and keep denying it, though I'm not sure that's actually the best thing to do. If it gets to the point where you can't stand it, you either have to give him a serious talk about it or try to keep him away from you.

If you ever do tell your mom, you should probably wait until you've moved out of the house, so that it's harder for her to punish you or anything like that.

I hope things get better. (*hug*)