1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My best friend is depressed and won't talk to me.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by musicalshyguy, Jan 14, 2014.

1. musicalshyguy

My best friend (David) lives in New York, and I live in Louisiana. We met on Kik last year around summer, and it turned into an amazing brotherly relationship. He's straight and I'm gay, but that doesn't matter. We love each other and he's like the brother I never had. In December, David told me that in November, he and his girlfriend got in a fight. He put a gun to his head, and pulled the trigger, but luckily it wasn't loaded. He said that he wasn't going to tell me because he didn't want to worry me. Last night, I found out through my cousin that they broke up. David is not talking to me, and I'm worried sick about him. I'm really close to crying. I'm broken without him and if something happens to him I'll never be myself again. I'm trying to talk to him but he's ignoring me. I don't want to lose him! :tears:

2. Mogget

One of the toughest life lessons to learn is that we cannot live somoene else's life for them. If your friend won't respond to you when you reach out to him, all you can do, all that can be reasonably expected of you, is to let him know that you'll be there for him when and if he needs it, and then wait. I'm sorry.

3. WhiteShadows

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Please tell him that he'll make a whole lot more people depressed if he hurts himself. Tell him things can definitely get better and he's going to be ok. Other than that you just need to have hope for him.

4. musicalshyguy

He's fine now. Just a little upset.

5. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You should try to make him get professional help. This isn't something you can handle.