1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's the deal with eye contact??

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by onlythebulls13, Jan 15, 2014.

1. onlythebulls13

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Seriously, it seems like it's always one of the main reasons that many of us closet dwellers think that someone may like us sexually. Is it a matter of the closeted person making eye contact with someone they like and wanting them to be gay so they get a weird feeling when making solid eye contact? Or is there actually something more? I mean, roughly, what percentage of the time does it turn out that the person who stares deep into your eyes is gay themselves? And what percentage is us wanting that to be the case? Is there something to someone locking eyes with u and holding it as the two of u gaze into the others eyes for an extended period of time?

2. fafredo

what a great question!! i really am wondering the same thing!

3. stumble along

If the connection is a true match, laser beams shoot out of both their eyes

That is the only way to tell

4. awesomeyodais

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Acquaintances, friends, etc... will tend to move their gaze back and forth after a few seconds while they have a conversation. I think locking eyes longer than a few seconds usually shows a deeper interest. If that other person who is locking eyes for an extended period of time happens to be of the same sex as you, well... you know... maybe...

5. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've been told that...

...if he makes eye contact, and won't break it, it means he's interested.
    ...if he makes eye contact, and then looks away, it means he's interested and shy.
    ...if he doesn't make eye contact, it means he's interested but hesitant to reveal that he's interested.

In short, he's always interested. Therefore, every single guy is interested in you. So there you go. :slight_smile:

Lex

6. fafredo

yes but what if our self and the person the eye contact with whom we are trying to analyze already are close (yet not romantically)? What do we look for, then? Can a deep and long eye contact be friendly?

7. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you're already close, he knows you're gay, right?

Lex

8. fafredo

yes he does but so what?

9. anonomous

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    its all about science. if you/someone else stares into your/their eyes then it releases hormones and such like in your body that trigger your adrenaline to get to work, creating the sence of love, whether they like you or not. also if someone is in a 3-way conversation and they stare at one person for the most time then it indicates that they find you more important/interestingthan everyone else. also if you want to let people know that you like then or just to get them thinking of the idea of love between you then you need to lok into their eyes for more than 75% of the time. i did it. it worked.......

10. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

Well for me the more I like you the less likely I probably am to make eye contact so I dunno about this. I just hate eye contact with pretty much anybody as a general rule though.

11. onlythebulls13

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I just have a weird fascination with eye contact. I usually always make solid eye contact to the point where it seems like people may get a little uncomfortable lol...not intentionally but I feel like I/u can tell so much from someone just by looking into their eyes and how they act whilst in conversation.
    I had a convo with an elderly Indian woman at my old job in the break room and we never broke eye contact once.. and after the conversation she said I can just tell that ur a good person with a good heart... now this can be based on just our convo and me being respectful and polite (manners r very important to me). But I just got the feeling like she was looking through my eyes and into my heart.

Now I find that story relevant because there have been friends I've had who have been ultra shady kinda back stabber types and not once have I been able to look into their eyes because they would look away every couple seconds and shift their eyes. Was that them trying to be a closed book and not let me see into their true self...or their inner self? Do not so reputable people try to hide their eyes for the sake of not being revealed as someone who has evil or ugliness in them?

12. CherryCandles

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I can never make eye contact, just makes me all flustered like someone is trying to judge who I am, or make sweet love babies with my eyes. Even when I've been intimate with someone it has been difficult for me to hold eye contact for a while since I've never had the certain bond, the.. this person is as much as I am, as I am as much as they are, feeling! Hard to word that without sounding silly.

In every day life I can't glance at people for too long, makes me blush far too easily, might have been the tactics my parents used to see if I lied which always makes you red in the cheeks when you're young! It's not like I'm shy to look into peoples eyes but as I said, feels like it should only be for something special, rather than a formality to show you are listening. At least for me!