1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mom making me feel worthless

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by A Person, Jan 16, 2014.

1. A Person

Today my mom once again told me that I ruined her "perfect image"'of me at 2 months old. She says similar things all the time. I feel alone and unwanted and she just laughs at me. I can't believe a mother would do this to her son, especially her only one that survived childbirth. All because I want to not be ostracized from my friends by playing on my computer with them. I don't ask for money an Xbox or any other crazy shit. Just to play free games with old friends sometimes. How is that such an issue?

2. SongshiQuan

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That sucks. Sorry she's giving you crap. (*hug*) How is her mood most of the time(independent of you)? Because it sounds like she's projecting, possibly.

3. Clay

I'd tell her where to stuff it if I were you.

4. AaronMed

(*hug*) I am so sorry that this is happening to you. Do you feel like your current home situation is a hostile, negative one? If you do, would you consider moving away? I know that's a really hard decision to make, but everyone moves out at some time or another. Could you perhaps move away for university/college?

5. A Person

Thanks for your replies guys. Unfortunately I'm 14 and can't move or I would have years ago. She's always frustrated mad or stressed so I'm sure some projecting happens. That's no excuse though.

6. UIOP

I'm sorry to hear that you're going through this (*hug*). You're right though, no matter what's going on in her head, that's no excuse for her to treat you like this. I know it's hard but, if she is making you feel really bad and has been doing it for a long time, then maybe you should try talking to a confidential hotline like the child support line on this page: Department of Human Services | Hotlines and Information Helplines (toll-free)

7. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Some people are pure evil and literally act like a carbon copy of the devil. No disrespect to your mother but my sister and me are estranged and she think everything I do is for attention which includes being gay. She once told me never to come out to anyone because it would be awkward and uncomfortable for her and her husband and her husband's whole family. I am sorry you have to deal with your mother and as sad as it is you might be better off without her in your life. Even family can become strangers to us.

8. A Person

No disrespect taken my friend she makes it harder to brush aside her words each day.

9. Hopefilled

It's her needing help more than you. A mother is supposed to love her children "as is" full stop.