1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to try and start something?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by WhiteShadows, Jan 17, 2014.

1. WhiteShadows

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ok, well I was just wondering if any of you wonderful people had some interesting ideas :grin:

So here's the story, sometimes when I'm just walking around in public, I'll notice a really cute boy and I think to myself "damn, I wish I could just go up and talk to him/give him my number". But I can't imagine any way of doing this without it being awkward. I mean, if a stranger talks to me, I almost always feel awkward...

So, do any of you guys have any ideas on how you could approach a stranger? I mean, I've thought of just saying hey and handing them a piece of paper with my number, but I really don't know...
    This isn't even really relevant for me at the moment any because I'm going overseas soon... but I was just wondering :3

(seriously, this boy was absolutely adorable xD)

2. sanguine

you probably dont want to do that, for safety reasons :/

3. fakeidentityduh

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    do what you said. say hey, and hand em your number. what's the worse that could happen? fuck it, right?

4. Mr.Pushover

That's a tough call. Sometimes you have to scope out the person and see what they're like so you can judge whether or not talking to them is a good idea. You also generally don't want to just give someone you've never known your number, so if you honestly feel like you can actually talk to a person, you should start small.

The best idea I have for you, however, is get involved in any gay recreational activities (clubs, etc.) so you can meet someone that way because for us, it is generally hard to find someone cute when you're out somewhere and be able to ask them out for a multitude of reasons.