1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just a Few Things...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by MtnFr3sh, Jan 18, 2014.

1. MtnFr3sh

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Hi again guys, sorry I havent been on in a while, I just have been able to handle all the shit thrown at me pretty well, but now A few things have popped up that I need your help with...

Well...
    First off
    This girl likes me, and asked me out in 7th grade and I said yes (Still denial) then she pulled out and I love you and I retreated... She asked me out again a couple days ago and I haven't said anything... I'm afraid that if I don't tell her the truth that she might think it's about her weight... because in the message she sent she said she was working on her weight now... I am pretty sure I've got to tell her... She's trustworthy, or at least, I think she is...

2nd
    Apparently, it's pretty obvious to almost everybody in the theater group that I'm gay, I've been asked twice and said no, or somebody else has started talking and they dropped the question. And almost everybody has asked my friend who does know. She's said no. But the guys into theater always act gay for absolutely no reason other than to just joke, I had a crush on this one straight guy who "flirted" but I got over it... I don't know how to handle this though....

3rd I was playing GTA online and talking to my friends and the door was open, I was in the middle of saying something about our crews name then I caught myself I said LGB... (It's a group for LGBT people to play online together...) Well my mom heard me and got worried taht I'd meet some lunatic who lies about themselves. And then she started crying after I left, worried that somebody at school would know my gamertag and see that I'm in that crew... I think it upset my mom because I'm her only child and all of this is just confirmation of what she doesn't want to happen...

Okay... So I don't know how to handle any of this...
    :help:

2. Aquilo

Hi! The answers on these questions really depend only on one thing I think: Do you wish to come out to your entire school or don't mind them knowing?

If you're sure you can handle the coming out and stay safe, you can tell the girl and your theater group solving problems 1 and 2.

If you don't plan on coming out, you could tell the girl something like that she's nice, but that you haven't been in love yet with anyone, or that you don't want any relationship yet because you're still young or something on these lines to avoid hurting her feelings too much. If you're being honest with her there's always the chance she'll tell someone else, possibly by accident, so keep that in mind.

You could tell your mom that she doesn't have to worry and that maybe millions? of people play that game, so no one in school will find out? And with the lunatics online problem, that's a problem for everyone, straight or gay. As long as you follow simple rules of not meeting people in person without knowing their identity and bringing friends to a public location you're safe.

Hope this helps a bit (*hug*)

3. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    1) You can say you're not interested "now", or say you're not interested in girls (that's kind of a partial coming out).

2) You could respond "What if I was gay?" or "Why, are you gay?", basically coy phrases that aren't direct.

3) It's still good to be careful with people you meet online, and your mom is just being a normal concerned parent. But, in the long run you will need to come out to her so that she can accept it. It's hard, but being gay doesn't mean the end of the world. Hopefully she is just scared rather than being violently homophobic.

4. MtnFr3sh

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Resu, I have told her, she just doesn't really like it... She's not mad, just sad and doesn't like it.

Aquilo,
    I don't wish to come out to the whole school... but there are a couple of people in the theater group that if I told, boom, all over the school. And I know that if I just use those lines she won't buy it, she started talking to me again on facebook once I posted a photo that said something along the lines of "People who sleep with multiple pillows tend to be lonely and depressed" Well, several people liked it, and so did she. Just saying I don't want a relationship wouldn't work...