1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I just go for it?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Alpha78, Jan 18, 2014.

1. Alpha78

Out Status:
    A few people
    There is this girl that I have been likeing for a while now. I want to ask her out but I'm held back by the fear of turning out exclusively gay. My sexuality usually shifts from mainly guys, to girls, to both, to neither often and I'm afraid that it will change while I'm going out with her. Should I just go ahead and ask her or wait until I know for sure what my sexuality is? Thanks in advance ^_^

2. StephenSC

You've said it's been awhile so I think you would of had time to consider the validity of your feelings... So if you really are interested in her, then I say go for it. Don't let fear of what "might" happen prevent what could be an amazing thing.

Just be honest with her (and yourself) throughout the relationship. If things change, if it doesn't work out, well it will be sad... but it happens, and it's in no way your fault. Just be sure to make the most of each moment!

On a somewhat side note, if all people waited until they fully understood their orientation/sexuality there would a lot of very lonely people out there and I think there would be some who may never even get a chance to fully understand their sexuality. Plus there would be a heap of people who would miss out on a lot of good times. After all even relationships that don't work out can bring people a lot of happiness. Sadly most of these good times are forgotten afterwards, but they shouldn't be.