1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Made out with friend, but don't know if she likes me. Help!

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by marina, Jan 19, 2014.

1. marina

I need to figure out what to do about this girl I like. Any help would be much appreciated!

My friend and I made out a few months ago. She initiated and was definitely the aggressor throughout. While it was sexual there was a degree of softness too, as she looked at me and gently brushed my hair back. Neither one of us was drunk and it was in private. She says she's straight, but has dated a girl before and spoke positively of the experience. She's kissed guy friends casually before, but never a girl (who she wasn't dating). We never discussed kissing afterwards, but remained friends. Oddly enough, she got to be less physical and stopped hugging me and saying she loves me after. There was about a month when we didn't talk (over the holidays). She recently texted me saying that she misses me and we need to make sure we see one another lots this year.

When we first made out I had a small crush on her, but now it's gotten much stronger. While I'm very attracted to her, I don't want to make out again if she doesn't want to date me. How can I let her know that I like her without her thinking I'm just trying to kiss her again? Also, she seems like the kind of person who likes to pursue a romantic interest. I'm afraid if I just tell her that I like her or ask her out she won't like it as much. Then again, I haven't in any way hinted at wanting to date her. I'm currently pulling back a bit because I think she might respond by pulling me closer, but I'm not sure. What should I do? Can some people really kiss friends with no romantic feelings?

2. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If she misses you, maybe you should just hang out with her. You could give flirtatious comments, like complimenting what you like about her. She could be naturally "touchy", but it's hard to see how anyone could kiss their friend repeatedly.