1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to proceed?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by SleepyT, Jan 19, 2014.

1. SleepyT

Out Status:
    Some people
    I recently started going to a program that my church offers called Celebrate Recovery. It's similar to a 12-step program, but it doesn't just focus on chemical dependency issues.....it's basically set up to help you with any issue you may have (co-dependency, depression, food addiction, infidelity, etc..). I've heard really great things about it. Anyways, when I started going, I met a woman who I actually had vaguely known through a mutual friend in college. She and I started talking and we hit it off instantly and she immediately reached out to me to offer support. During one of our long, initial talks, I told her about the issues I was going through with my husband and my affair, and my sexuality issues. She then confided in me that she too, was bisexual and that she preferred being intimate with women as opposed to men. Ever since then, I feel like the vibe between us has changed and I definitely get the impression that she is attracted to me....and I have realized that I am very attracted to her. But at this point, being so new to this whole "woman" thing, I have absolutely no idea how to proceed. I would certainly not be against being more than friends with her, but I do not want to do anything to jeopardize the friendship or make her uncomfortable. What's the proper protocol at this point in the game? LOL :sunglasses:

2. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm not convinced their is a proper protocol so to speak, but depending on the nature of this support group you might want to consider whether it's a wise idea to do anything more...

3. TJ

TJ

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Honestly, I would just go with the flow. Don't be too forward with wanting a date. After all, you two are at Celebrate Recovery for a reason - to break away from your dependence on whatever.
    If you become closer friends and then decide you want to hang out, go hang out as friends, see where it goes. Take it slow. :slight_smile: That's the safest way to make sure she's not uncomfortable and you're not misinterpreting her gestures.

4. setnyx

Go slow. Most 12 step programs tell you not to make any big decisions for awhile.