1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Serious(ly Complicated) Dating Problems?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Sunshine Cries, Jan 19, 2014.

1. Sunshine Cries

Hey, y'all.

So, I've been dating this girl for three months. But I feel like I was so desperate for romantic love when I started dating her, that I managed to convince myself that I had fallen in love with her at first sight (first snapchat?). I accidentally threw myself waaay too deep into this relationship.

My girlfriend deserves a girl who isn't gonna convince herself that she's in love. It also definitely doesn't help that we live almost 2,000 miles apart, and I got set up with her by a friend who was sick of me complaining about a) being single, and b) how much of a bitch my ex was.

At the same time, I've had a raging crush on my bandmate since I joined her band 5 months ago. While my girlfriend and I are almost too similar, I feel like there's difference and therein chemistry between my bandmate and I. She also always seems to be complimenting me more than what I'm used to whenever we practice, gave me a ticket to see two of my favorite bands with her that she happened to have, and asked me to cover a love song with her (seriously: the chorus repeats "all I wanted was you" the entire time) for the album we're saving up to record.

My girlfriend comes from kind of a shit home and has untreated depression; my hero complex and every promise I once believed I could keep is what's keeping me with her at this point. I don't have the heart to break up with her, and I'd also face all my friends disappointment when they find out I broke with her, since now, I'm the only person who doesn't believe my girlfriend and I aren't forever.

I just... I have no idea what to do. I just feel like a total fucking bitch for wanting to break up with her for someone who might not even like me back, someone who already has a girlfriend of her own.
    If you can give me any help, it'll be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Sunshine