1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you have a crush on your best friend?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by lolo sime, Jun 30, 2008.

1. lolo sime

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I knew her for 7 years and I crushed on her for 7 years. I told her my feelings ans she told it well but not sure of her sexuality and she not see me in that way. but ever since i knew her she been a very touchy person and flirty to me. she still leans on me and flirts. but if she doesnt like me then why is she still touchy, leans, comes in my personal space, smiles when i look at her and laughs at my lame jokes. i get close to her also an she gets closer. I am bi sexual girl.why she do that?

2. GoBabyGoGo

i dunno -- some people are just like that... different personallities. Like my best friend, he's like that. He hugs me, touched me, smiles at me etc. And sure, i used to like him.. alot... but (i tell myself) i don't anymore. Im not out to him but im sure he is straight. I've known him for a while and i just get that feeling. It takes a while to get over people when you have known them for so long

3. Gumtree

As posted above, there are people that just have a very open nature. Anyone confident in their sexuality will act like that!

Often when you have a crush, you try to read between the lines or see things as signs when they are are just normal human behavior or just coincidence.

Read around and see how often you see people say "I have a crush on xxx and i think they like me too because they do xxx and say xxxx" then read the end result when nothing happens between them and they just want to be good friends!

Try and seperate what you WANT to happen between what actually is happening.

All that said, she might like you. No use making assumptions or riding on false hope. Open up to her and ask her, otherwise no matter how much she might like you, nothing will happen!

Good luck.

4. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've never had a crush on my best friend. They've always been straight, and always been cool with me, and I with them. I've never wished they'd jump the fence - I'm quite satisfied with what they are. :slight_smile:

>>>why she do that?

Because you let her.

Lex

5. Alexander

I have never had a crush on my best friends, seeing as they are all women. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    However I have non-sexual crush-like things on a lot of guys I know. Usually I don't crush on people I know personally (with one hugenormus exception).

6. total mo

total mo Guest

I have a bestfriend, but I have never had a crush on her because she is a girl. crush I would totally though if my bff was a boy.

7. MeskElil

Well, my best friend that's a girl? Hell yes. She's really, REALLY pretty, and she's self-confident and fun to be around. But my best friend? No, because he's a guy. I had a crush on him once, though, before I realized I was gay. But I've known him for 15 years and we've gone to the same school/daycare/preschool all of those years. So he's really more like my brother.
    I agree with the people above. Some people are just like that. You can probably tell her to stop if it makes you feel weird, but if not and you're just curious, some people are just like that.
    Good luck.

8. InaRut

I don't know if we are really friends anymore. I really don't see him all that much. But yeah. Definite crushage.

But I think he liked me back.

Tis why I might be camping with him for Canada day. If he picks up his DAMNED PHONE!

:slight_smile:. I'm getting better on the crushes thing. Really I am.

9. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! She is doing that as she has no 'boundaries' in that she is constantly in your 'space' and perhaps outside of your 'comfort zones'. Not reading too much into it, but it seems to me that you are not comfortable with this. As Lex said, she is doing all of that because you let her do this. I think you should tell her to stop with it. If she said that she is not interested in you then she should stop with the flirting around. If you don't want her to touch you, and if you want her to stop with coming into your personal space, you need to be honest with her and you need to tell her what you think about that.

Hope this helps!

10. Cheese Love

A lot of girls are just clingy like that and do it with good friends.

As for me.. I actually haven't had a crush on my best friend. Haha, she's gay too but the most closeted thing I've ever seen.

I did have a crush on one of my other best friends who is bisexual, but it was pretty minor and I'm over it.

11. revolutionrock

I did, for the longest time. It was pretty heart-wrenching at the time; now it's pretty humorous to me.

We'd flirt pretty heavy, and I'd get really excited and blurt things out that you'd think would have ruined the moment, but I think we both enjoyed it.

If he was gay though, he was deep in the closet, so it would never have worked. And now we'll never see each other again. But that's how I know I'm over it - I'm not upset about our separation.

12. Trumpetplyer23

*sighs* Yeah...I did. It sucked, though, because the biggest part of me wanted to be just friends. But this small, powerful, part overcame me. Then I told her, and our friendship has never been the same.

Girls are clingy. VERY CLINGY. I can't go to school without seeing girls hanging on each other, grabbing each other's butts, and stuff like that. She does it because you're her friend and she's a girl.

13. RENThead

ohh, i am in that boat aswell.

it sucks, she knows im gay, but i could never tell her i like her.
    she is a really touchy feely person, and even came with me to a gay bar, and held my hand all night, but she says she is straight.

way to confuse an already confused person.

14. speedofsound

I did, in high school.
    Took me foreverrrrr to get over her.
    Freee at last, =]. Woo!

15. Cool Beans

I do. He was the first person I came out to, at the beginning of this past school year. He's been very supportive, but I've been too clingy. I haven't told him that I have this crush on him, as that would probably end our friendship. He'll be off to college in the fall with his girlfriend anyway, so I'll be free of him for my senior year. I'll miss him like hell, but it's probably the best thing for me, really. I may get to hang out with him when he comes home, which is nice but yet painful at the same time. I can't wait to go to college and meet guys who actually like guys (because I'm a guy, and I like guys, but I really like guys who like guys, especially when the guy who likes guys likes me). And hopefully I'll have a female best friend in college. :icon_wink

That's the hardest part about having a crush on your best friend-- when you try to distance yourself from your crush, you're also distancing yourself from your best friend. Sometimes it's the best thing, though. It gives you the chance to re-focus your life and enjoy some of the things you might have missed out on.

16. GuitarGirl1350

Not my best friend, but a friend.

Some girls are just flirty like that. I know a few straight girls who are always doing this, and it's because they feel comfortable because they think you're not going to make a move. I also think in a way it makes them feel comfortable exploring flirting with the same sex without being called a lesbian.