1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question!

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Nihonokage, Jan 20, 2014.

1. Nihonokage

Is it normal to still like your ex even if the reason you broke up with them was because they treated you like "shit"?

I'm asking cause the person I'm referring to seems to still like their ex and that's apparently why they broke up: cause she was treating him like "shit" and I like him, and I think we've been flirting over skype etc (donno if he took it that way though :/) and obviously if he still likes her then there's not really much point is there?

Basically I'm asking so I know weither to bother getting my hopes up or not.

p.s. the reason I think he still likes her and vica verca is because a) he keeps smiling around her and it almost seems like nothing happened. and b) because I'm not the only one that's noticed this and apparently they both still like each other...

p.s.s. I probably seem super selfish right now but I can't just forget about it, I've tried before and it only made things worse. :/

2. Rice

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I still 'like' an ex girlfriend of mine, even though she was awful to me and cheated several times. Our time together was mostly good and she was a big part of my life, so of course there are still feelings.

Just now, I know better than to waste my time with her.

All you can do is ask and wait.

3. EleanorHunter

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm not going to say it's normal, but I'm not gonna say it's abnormal. It certainly happens, but it just depends on the person. What I've seen is that whenever someone is in love with an ex that treated them badly, it's because they were so happy during the good points of that relationship, that those points are the only things they can remember. They also try to use those points to justify being treated like crap.

As for your situation, I'd say just be cautious. If he does have feelings for this girl, then he probably doesn't realize that you have been attempting to flirt with him over Skype. He may have taken it as just a joke between friends. It's also hard to tell what's gossip and what's real at this point, so don't assume they like each other just because other people have noticed their behavior too.

4. Nihonokage

Right okay... I see. In which case I shall just have to wait... I'm the boy who waited after all. (XD doctor who refrences)