1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to handle this situation--Guy I like wants to pretend nothing happened

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by lostlifeguard, Jan 20, 2014.

1. lostlifeguard

Ok, so I'm a college freshmen, and there's this guy I like Alex. We slowly became friends, and we had a lot of fun together. Finally, one night when we were drunk we ended up hooking up. I slept over in his room and we woke up in the morning together (he didn't even have clothes on). He was really cool and we went to get breakfast together and talked and then I went back to my room. That was at like 9 am. Then, at noon I get a long text from him saying that he just woke up and that he has no clue what happened the night before, but since he can't remember he's just going to "chose to believe that nothing happened." It's been a few days, and I just feel weird about the situation.
    First of all, I'm pretty sure he can't remember nothing. What should I do from here?

2. ChainsrGone

I would try and find a way to sit down and talk with him, privately. He may not remember what happened, but maybe the two of you can talk about the possibilities of what might have happened? Do you know if he would be interested in you?

3. mobrien1993

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm sure he remembers at least some of what happened. If you want my honest opinion, I think he could have just realized after you left. What actually happened between the two of you and is a little freaked out which leads to him saying he doesn't remember anything. I would just try to keep in mind that maybe he didn't know he was into guys or ever had thoughts about being with a guy and could be overwhelmed. If I were you I would try to make plans with him and maybe eventually get together and talk privately about what you think happened that night and how you both feel about it now.

4. hippo

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I completely agree with mobrien1993. I would also ask him about what happened that night and then see how he reacts. He could be freaked out. I have been to a similar situation. I know what you are feeling.

Good luck to you and keep us updated!

5. lostlifeguard

So, he had already said he was bi to another friend of mine before the hookup. And I texted him twice asking if he wanted to talk about it, and both times he was like "I don't remember what happened, maybe be tried something? But I think I passed out pretty quickly so not much happened, and I don't remember anyway so I'm going to just believe that it didn't happen."

Idk, I thought it was weird. We still text and hang out which it good since it's not like it ruined our friendship, but he just acts like it didn't happen.

6. Aquaman

Aquaman Guest

What will end up happening most likely, is that next time you guys go partying or get drunk, he'll want to do things with you again.

It seems to me like you made an honest effort to try to talk things out with him, and he chose to pretend nothing happened. Now it's up to you to decide what to do next time he is drunk and makes a move on you, knowing well what will happen the next morning. It goes back to the whole "once, shame on you, twice, shame on me" thing.