1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The whole age gap thing

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by bradforth, Jan 21, 2014.

?

is 11/12 years a too big of a age gap?

1. no problom

7 vote(s)
    41.2%
  2. too much

10 vote(s)
    58.8%
  1. bradforth

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I have read a few posts and I think that they where too specific for each situation so I think I will post mine here and see what people think :slight_smile: I am 19 and he is 11-12 years older than me, I have always been mistaken for being older ( about 23/25 ) and I am quite mature for my age, we are not together or anything I just thinking about a date or something but at this point I am not sure what I should do

Any thoughts?

Thanks

2. AaronMed

It depends on whether the two of you are in comparable life stages. Age is just a number, it doesn't really mean anything if you don't want it to. What does matter is whether you're both at points where you want the same things out of life. Is that the case here?

3. Nerkpoop78

Hey it's just my view but it might be a little too much. I mean personally I'm a sentimental person. You know it'll be very saddening if one ever passes on earlier than the other. I'm just saying it's a possibility. So it'll kinda turn out to be rather lonely for one of the parties. Well it's just what I feel. I have nothing against it. If you really love a person, age shouldn't matter but it's just a factor everyone would want to consider. I mean who will want to be lonely?

4. TJ

TJ

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you both 'click' and age doesn't matter to you, then it sounds perfectly reasonable to me. :slight_smile:
    Age isn't just a number - there are matters that cannot be ignored when you date someone from a different decade.
    But if you both understand those matters and still are interested in each other, then there's no harm, eh? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5. Purplefrog

Purplefrog Guest

I think it very much depends on the two people involved, and the maturity of those involved, even if you are 'age-blind'. There is also the potential if one side of the partnership is particularly young, power imbalances could come into play.

Also the older you get, the less it becomes an issue, and life experience/personality comes into play.