1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just come out to crush...eek

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Purplefrog, Jan 21, 2014.

1. Purplefrog

Purplefrog Guest

Finally confessed to the woman I have secretly been crushing over the last few months, that a) I am interested in women, b) more importantly, interested in her.

Tried to be as non-intimidating as possible, and I suspect she may at least be bi-curious, and at least interested in me as a friend, but still absolutely terrified as I really like her.

Have tried to tell her recently face-to-face, but just been too much of a wimp. So I FINALLY emailed her this afternoon and 'fessed up.

Now I will just to have wait and see...:rolle::rolle::rolle:

2. Hartofgold

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    good luck! I hope it turns out well. keep us updated!

3. Gold smash

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Congratulations on telling her! Hope it works out ok for you.

4. Congratulations! Hopefully it works out for you, keep us posted! Best of luck to you!! :slight_smile:

5. mbanema

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Good luck! The wait to hear back from someone after sending something like that or wonder if they've read it can be a real killer. I hope it works out well for you! :slight_smile:

6. godlovesugly

Great job! Hopefully it goes well. Thats a big step. Proud of you :slight_smile:

7. ChainsrGone

Good for you! I hope things go well...please keep us updated!

8. Purplefrog

Purplefrog Guest

Well, she emailed me back with a lovely email, basically saying she's never been interested in women - and it's men all the way for her.

We were starting to potentially get really close, and I needed to tell her before my feelings got any stronger.

Having quite mixed feelings today - on the one hand it was very affirming feeling all the things I felt for her. On the other, quite sad as she was like the perfect woman for me!

9. Beantown

Beantown Guest

At least she was nice about it and you know early.

10. ChloeKiss

ChloeKiss Guest

Don't give me those puppy eye looking eye rolls. :frowning2: It will be okay! You will survive! I know it will hurt you if she doesn't like you back or cuts your friendship off but you need to remember that if you decided to never tell her.. You would never know what could have been. (*hug*)

11. mbanema

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm sorry to hear that she's straight, but I think you did the right thing in telling her. At least now you know and can move on, and if nothing else the positive way she responded to your message proves she's a worthy friend. Not the best scenario, but far from the worst.