1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Some advice needed

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by BlueMetalWave, Jan 21, 2014.

1. BlueMetalWave

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hello everyone,
    I'm a little confused about this guy I met a few weeks ago and I would like to hear any opinions or advice that you might have. So here's a little background about what's happening. (wall of text incoming)
    Around three weeks ago I went with my friends to a party that was happening in town, my friend L. came to pick me up and there was one of his friends J. I introduced myself and made some small talk to get to know him a little, he is very atractive and interesting and we ended up getting along very well. Before going to the main party we stop by a friend's house to gather everyone and drink a little. The whole time there we were always talking to each other and I leaned in a bit closer so our arms touched (We were talking in three and I was standing next to him) he didn't move so I took that as a good sign. When we got to the party we stayed together a lot and we would get really close so we could hear what we had to say and after sometime he kissed me. We kissed the entire night and all the time he was very sweet with me, always holding my hand, kissing me on the cheek and just being nice overall.
    After the party we both shared the cab to our respective places and I say that I'd like to see him again. He agrees but says he is going to his beach house and will only come back in a week. Before getting off the cab he kisses me and said that he liked meeting me. I add him on facebook the next day and we talk for almost the whole week. I ask him out to the movies and he confirms it. We go to the movies and have a great time and afterwards we go to a busy street with lots of bars, we sit at one, order some stuff and have a lot fun just talking and getting to know each other. While we talk he starts holding my hand and playing with my hair and around 1 A.M. he says he has to go home because he had a test the next day and didn't want to get home too late. So we both go home and before I get in the cab he gives me another kiss. We end up going out the next day with some of our friends and he continues being just as affectionate as he was the previous day.
    Here is where the troubles begin. He traveled to his beach house again and is coming back near the end of the month. I texted him today and he said that we'd totally do something when he comes back. The thing is that he is travelling on the 6th because he is probably going to college in another state (there still is a chance of him staying in town but I'm not entirely sure) and I have no idea about what to do. I knew since the first day that he wasn't staying for long but since we got along so well I decided that I would enjoy his company while I could but I ended up getting attached to him and it's hard to wait for him to come back without knowing what's going to happen next...
    I would like to know what you think I should do and if you have any advice for this situation because I feel lost without having an idea of what's going to follow. Thank you for reading and sorry for the bible verse >.<

2. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That was a very sweet story. You should enjoy yourself and keep an open mind to the idea things my just fizzle out. But, tell him how much he means to you and how much you miss him. If you both want something to keep happening even if he leaves, you will find a way to do it, to meet up or even use things like Skype to keep in touch from afar. Also remember that college, while it might seem long, is also a temporary thing.

Even if you do eventually lose touch, it will be much better if everything ends amicably because that will be like a benchmark for any future relationships, letting you know what's possible and what you want in a long-term partner.

3. WhiteShadows

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Aww
    That's so cute :slight_smile:
    It's sad that he might be leaving :frowning2: But definitely make the most of your time and tell him how you feel

4. BlueMetalWave

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thank you for taking the time to read and reply, I feel like I understand what's happening better now.
    I was thinking about what I would actually want to happen and I think that keeping in touch and being friends without an actual commitment such as a long distance relationship would probably be the best option. We could still see each other when he comes over for breaks and spend time together without pressure. Even if I wanted to have a relationship it will be even more complicated considering I might stay 6 months-1 year in Germany for an exchange. So I think staying in touch without commitment is probably the best option. Not my favorite to be honest but this way it wouldn't as hard on both of us and who knows maybe someday when we are both done with college and travelling we could try something long-term.
    Thank you for helping me think better, I'm very grateful. =)