1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

friends with benefits?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by MerBear, Jan 21, 2014.

1. MerBear

okay so me and my ex girlfriend ...we broke up obviously and we just decided to be ....friends with benefits basically because, i don't know, i don't really have feelings for her anymore and well, we mainly just like the sex and she liked the idea too, and so we just agreed to just kind of you know, i was just wondering if this is an okay call....i mean, i like being physical with he, i really do. i mean....its just easier this way, it seems...

is this a bad option like everyone else says it is?

2. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's not inherently bad I suppose...I mean it really depends if you can both honestly say neither of you is doing it in hopes that you'll get back together...

3. MerBear

oh no, i don't want to get back together. she's kind of made it clear, since its hard to just be together that we should get together and have sex. just 10x easier

4. setnyx

i agree! the thing that can make it *bad * i suppose is maybe messing uo the chance for a new relationship.

5. Tohru-Chan

I did the same thing. We were going to get married, then we broke up 'cause we just weren't feeling it anymore. We moved into separate houses. We had sex a few times even though we weren't together anymore.

Now we're back together again... We ended up feeling more for each other than we expected to, and, yeah.

I wouldn't say it's a bad option. Just be careful with yours and her feelings. They sometimes happen even when you don't want them to.

6. Rosepetal

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    so ur cheating on ur gf with ur ex?

7. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

As long as you can keep it casual....and are aware that you both feel casually about it. If romantic feelings ever started to pop up between either of you is the only time it would be a bad idea and to end it from going further, but if you know that could never happen...not necessarily harmful I suppose.