1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Starting off a relationship... long-distance

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by jazzyspazzy, Jan 22, 2014.

1. jazzyspazzy

jazzyspazzy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I have been on a dating site for years now, but managed to find someone through the site who is AWESOME. We went on two dates, both of which went swimmingly (particularly the one in the aquarium - yes, I went there :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:) and we even became quite soppy towards each other (whilst simultaneously mocking each other's soppiness because we're too cool for that stuff).

THE CATCH: I'm now back in a foreign country for 3 whole months to complete the second term of my year abroad.

So, yeah... I've met this amazing person who constitutes pretty much everything I've ever looked for in another humanoid, but we're miles apart and have basically had to put the whole 'developing-something-that-vaguely-resembles-a-relationship' thing on hold.

We've been in contact almost every day since, but they are way less interesting online than in person, and they have an aversion to Skype. They make my heart flutter every time they reply, but their life in England is far more busy than my one in this aforementioned foreign country, where there really isn't that much to do of any interest. As a result, the contact from their side is sometimes sporadic and slow, leaving me wanting more than they can give. That's not for a lack of interest - without a doubt, the feeling is mutual, even if it may be slightly stronger from one of our sides.

THE QUESTION: what does one do in this situation?

2. mobrien1993

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you guys are both really into the idea of pursuing a relationship just try to keep in contact until you can see each other again. One idea is maybe you could save up money to visit each other while you're finishing up with your year abroad. If it's meant to work out it will. Even though you maybe wanting more than the other person can give you have to be able to focus on yourself so you can finish up your program and pursue a future with this person.