1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Got stabbed in the back

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by dano218, Jan 25, 2014.

1. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My dad has always been the most understanding of my sexuality, liberal views and my religious views. He never liked my in laws and always tells me crap about them. He had a dinner with my Grandpa and Grandma yesterday. My grandpa and grandma know of my sexuality but are very conservative and don't acknowledge it. Yesterday my grandpa told my dad about my posts on face book and tells him that my uncle tells the juicy detalis of what post on there. I post stuff about my boyfriend, about my activism and my life sometimes and it is very disrespectful that my uncle is causing these problems that he knows will happen if he tells my grandpa too. Even worse my mom's sister is doing it too along with her brother. Even worse my mom wanted to keep it a secret and not tell me. My dad disobeyed her and told me the truth because he is on my side. My uncle and aunt said they accepted sexuality and I am was sure I could trust them until now. Yeah their both conservative and more religious not that shocking they would do this but it is very wrong.

My mom always does this. You need to respect your family no matter how badly they treat you. My sister, my grandpa, now my aunt and uncle. Lord have mercy on them.

2. KyleD

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    I am so sorry about what happened. It must be a very hurtful situation. All I can say is that you shouldn't react to them as it will only make matters worse and give them an excuse to continue their bad behavior. You just have to exercise a lot of understanding and don't let them phase you.

3. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It is very disgusting. They even know my boyfriend's page and that is even scarier.

4. KyleD

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    It definitely is, in many ways it must feel like you have been violated. You should definitely let them know that you don't approve of their conduct.

5. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah I am thinking of appropiate actions to take. See I if delete them they might cry to my mom about it or tell my grandpa more information getting my dad in trouble.

6. KyleD

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    I think you should talk to them first, tell them that you found out somehow and you are very disappointed in them. If they are still stubborn about it you should delete them.

7. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks for the support. It is appreciated.

8. KyleD

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    You are very much welcome. :slight_smile:

9. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Why not just twiddle your privacy settings so the people that are problematic, individually, can see your old posts but not your new ones? That way, they won't be able to tell you blocked their access, they'll just think you aren't posting anything new. Facebook for all its evils has pretty granular control of privacy settings.

It's not the perfect solution, but it might help.

10. RedMage

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm confused about your story, are they reading what you post and then telling other people in your family about it? Because if so and if you don't want them to be reading about your life then don't post about it on Facebook where anyone on your Friends List can see what you post.

11. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks. I did that already. Yeah it is creepy the way people use facebook now days just to cause problems.

12. Typhoon

Typhoon Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Why do people post every aspect of their life on facebook is beyond me. Some of my friends post the most insane stuff. Once you write something on the internet it is there for ever. Be careful what you write, sometime later you may regret what you post.

13. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't do that but hell I am addicted alright. My posts are always decent and I try to be very careful about what I post. My uncle a computer expert allegedly hacked into my boyfriend's account and did some shit on there. He loves to talk about people behind their backs. He done it before and he has done it again. I am so foolish to think i could trust him.

14. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes my uncle is telling my grandpa about all my posts and my grandpa already does not approve of homosexuality and stuff like that. My grandpa was eating lunch with my parents on Friday and told them all about my stuff on facebook and that my uncle is telling him everything. My uncle is not that open minded either but my grandpa's worse. I am gonna post whatever I want on my face book but not in a obsessive way or anything and be more strict about my privacy settings and in deciding who should see my posts.