1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I am Gay and My BF is Bisexual and is having a GF

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by origami, Jan 26, 2014.

1. origami

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello Everyone,

I (26 years old) have been dating this guy (bisexual - 27 years old) for the past one year. We met through online dating website and started chatting and knowing each other. We love each other a lot and now our relationship has extended to a physical one. But now he told me that he is having a girlfriend and is hoping to marry her in another one year or so. They are together for the past 10 years. They fell in love when he was 17 years old, and they are in relationship ever since. He told me, that he feels contended when he is with her. But he is having this homosexual urge which obviously only a guy can satisfy and hence he found me and fell in love with me equally. Now he says, I make him 'complete'. He just needs me and her, and his life will be totally happy, so what he says. But he cannot tell about me to her, as he fears that she will not acknowledge my presence and will leave him. I am deeply in love with him and so is he. But I feel he is cheating on her, and I am participating in this - it makes me feel guilty. But at the same time I do not want to break my relationship with him, because that will drive me into depression which I fear. Now obviously we three cannot stay together. He does not want to leave either of us. Never. He wants to keep 'our' relationship a 'secret' for lifelong. But I think lies have their expiry date. And the day she will come to know about me, it will shatter her. I don't want her to be depressed for me. At the same time, I don't want to be depressed either. I don't know what to do. I don't want anyone of us to get into depression. Please help three of us.

- Worried Gay Guy!:icon_sad:

2. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    How long after dating did you start sleeping with him ?

3. origami

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I dated him for almost 8 months, and then when we felt comfortable with each other, trusted each other completely - we decided to go ahead in relationship. I didn't know that he is having a GF. He didn't say me that because he didn't wish to lose me. His point is kind of legit and makes sense.

4. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Wow I up be upset if it were me but I'm not sure what you should do here

5. mbanema

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Being bisexual is not an excuse to cheat on your boyfriend or girlfriend with someone of the opposite sex. This guy is being greedy and completely unfair to both of you.

Please have enough respect for yourself and compassion for his girlfriend to get out of this relationship. It is so wrong for him to be marrying this girl while secretly keeping a relationship with you. He has to decide who he wants to be with and from what you described it's not you. You deserve to have someone who can devote himself to you.

Sorry, probably not the comments you were hoping to receive and I apologize if my tone is a little hostile; I just think this is a really bad, dishonest situation.

6. chivalrous

Sorry about your news origami.
    But in my opinion "that's a deal breaker, ladies!"
    Unless his relationship with his spouse allows him to have an open relationship it wouldn't be so bad i guess, but as from what i can see your basically being kept a secret and used as a substitute for physical intimacy that his wife cannot satisfy him with. and i agree with mbanema you deserve someone who can devote himself to you.!!! Your to nice to be pulled along on this emotional roller coaster!! and yes you will most likely be saddened but im sure itll be for the better :tears:

Anyways good luck and "may the odds forever be in your favor"
    il be supporting you for which ever way you decide to go! plenty of hugs (*hug*)(*hug*) (*hug*)

7. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    What he's doing is not fair to you, his girlfriend, or himself. Unless you all have some sort of open relationship type deal going on, the only thing that I can see happening in the long-run is a whole lot of pain and confusion for everyone involved.

Call it cruel, but I don't think he deserves anyone, at least until he decides what he wants, and that it's fair. Bisexuality isn't an excuse to cheat, and it's not okay to use some clueless girl as your "beard", while getting your jollies off on the side.

You're giving him a free pass to continue lying to you, and if you think he's magically going to clean up his act and become some model boyfriend, you should think again. Seriously, set boundaries, bring this up, and don't settle for anything less. Good luck.

8. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I agree with this , I was too scared to say the same thing

9. MrPotato

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ^^^^ Mhm, mhm, mhm preach it brotha!!! sista??

that guy sounds disgusting (no offense OP, but you deserve better)

I'm all for bisexuality, but a guy having both a bf and a gf, is a C-H-E-A-T-E-R no matter how he sugar coats it.

it's especially unfair for the girl (in this case) the poor thing doesn't have a clue about what her (fiance?) is doing behind her back :frowning2:

he is using you, and keeping the girl to save face. He is never going to accept the fact that a man gives him BOTH pleasure AND love. He isn't going to dump the girl OP, sorry.

If I were you, I'd make friends with the girl, invite her over to your place, and give the cheater the surprise of his life!!! hahah but that's a bit much. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: but I would tell the girl about the situation, she deserves better, so do you.

oh and also, there's a movie out there called "the one" and it's about this topic in particular... I think you should give it a watch. The truth will always surface.

#9 MrPotato, Jan 26, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2014
  10. sldanlm

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This is almost exactly what I was thinking when I read the original post. Well said.

11. TheSoleOne

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Leave him, he's a disgusting lying sack of shit. I would have probably killed him if i knew him. What kind of sick minded monster asks that. A secret for life? Fuck that.

Sorry for the language, but reading this and seeing what you feel is just sick. If you make him whoke he should only date you & not another girl.

Tell him to fuck off next time you talk to him.

best regards :slight_smile:.

12. Im Just Me

He's cheating, there is no way that's okay. If he loves her and wants to marry her, he wouldn't be doing something he knows she would leave him or. And if he loves you, he wouldn't be expecting you to dedicate yourself to him and keep this secret and help him cheat.
    You need to tell him how you feel, and (since honestly, I doubt he'll leave her. Not saying he'd rather leave you, but honestly, I just don't think he is willing to act in either way) I think you need to end it.

13. origami

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I told him exactly the same thing before when he revealed about his GF to me - that in long run we three cannot be happy. It's impossible. Either we three have to pay a huge price for all this, or only me will pay the entire bill with surcharges. But then he quotes that there are so many other bisexual people out there who are married and totally loves his wife and another guy. But due to obvious reasons, they never come up with the real truth to their married partner.
    Being a gay guy myself - I had an impression that he might be confused. And he made his GF 10 years back at an age of 17 when perhaps he didn't even know his homosexual tendencies and just cannot dump her now - because that will break her heart. But he says he is sure about his bisexuality.
    Leaving him is the best option which I am playing repeatedly in my head. But it shatters me everytime I think about it. I wish time will heal me up. But it doesn't solve the matter you see. Even if I move out of his life - he will make another BF sometime in future. What about the girl in this story? I am worried about her as well... Also if they are getting married - they will have kids in future... Hence more liabilities... And lies/secrets are mayonnaise (they come up with expiry date)... What will happen to her and their kid then? And to him as well?
    I tried saying this all to him. But he only says, "Don't worry!"
    Somehow he don't understand how grave this entire issue is. For all of us and all the other lives connected to us.

---------- Post added 27th Jan 2014 at 04:22 PM ----------

I wish leaving him would have solved the issue completely. True I will be depressed and I can only hope that time shall heal my heart. But the girl will still be at risk. I cannot just go and tell her everything, because I promised to him that I will keep it a secret. And a promise is a promise. It's difficult you see. I am just so lost in my worries.

---------- Post added 27th Jan 2014 at 04:35 PM ----------

Thanks chivalrous and mbanema.
    I am sad indeed. And I have been thinking about leaving him for quite a while. But I don't know if it will solve the issue for the girl. I cannot imagine the pain she will have to bear when she will know all about this someday. And the guy is not that bad. True he is cheating and I am supporting him (that gives me sleepless night - that how can I go against my moral obligations)...But I wonder if there is any solution ever...

And I don't think that he was looking for physical fun with me. Or else he would have done that long back instead of waiting for 8 months. We had plenty of opportunities in past, where he could have had physical intimacies with me. But we didn't. It was only after a long period that we became comfortable with each other, we connected emotionally to each other - we stepped forward. True - he shouldn't have kept his GF a secret from me. But his fear that I will leave him was legit enough.

Today if I will leave him... Tomorrow he will date some other guy perhaps... But what about the Girl? I worry about her... Being a human being myself I cannot imagine her pain, the day she will know about him...

14. Nerkpoop78

I still think that it is best if you leave him. Do you want to live wit the guilt that you might have ruined the relationship between him and his fiance. Also I feel that you should let him know that it is unreasonable for him to be in an affair. If you leave him, you should tell him the reason for your departure as well as letting him know that he should never have another affair because it's just immoral. I know this is tough of you but you can view it as another form of love towards your partner, hoping that he will have a happy marriage. Well it's just my opinion:grin:

15. franc

Leave him. He's cheating on his girlfriend and he might also cheat on you.

16. SongshiQuan

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So a couple of things. Are you okay sharing him and being in a secret relationship where you will always be the one on the side? If so, okay. If not, then you need to take a good hard look at where this is going and if you're comfortable with that.

Second, did you know about his GF when you stated dating? Your post seems to imply that you didn't. If I'm mistaken and you did know, well you knew what you were getting into(sorry to be blunt, that's how it is). If you did not know about her, he is a forked-tongued sonofabitch and you need to rely that to him in as much detail as possible before dumping his ass.

17. origami

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I came to know about the existence of her only last week (say ten days back) and I have been thinking about this thingy ever since.
    When he dated me, he was so nice ( he is still so nice to me) - it never felt that there is someone with him on the other side as well. All the weekends (well at least 90%) - he was with me. I didn't have the faintest doubt about her presence.
    You are right Buddy - it is unfair for me to be his option.
    I was not put on this planet to be someone else's 'optional lover'.

18. sandshoes

It's good that you can see that you deserve better, because you do! And about her... Maybe you could "accidentally" make her know something about what her boyfriend is up to? I would hate knowing what's going on and not be able to help, and I think I would be grateful (and probably hurt/confused/etc at first) if someome made me know if my partner was unfaithful.

19. StillAround

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wow. This is my fourth attempt to reply to your question. Each time I tried to write something, I just hit the Delete key, 'cause my response was just not coming out right. Hoping I get it right this time...

So first, my place in this crazy world we inhabit... You can see at the left that I'm an old guy who's been in the closet my whole life, and married to a woman on top of all that. I've always believed in living an authentic life, but in this one teeny tiny aspect (just a lame attempt at sarcasm), I had never been able to.

I'm in an age group, and from a background, that considers "cheating" on your partner unforgivable. But I also know that sexuality comes in many forms, and that open relationships are not so terribly uncommon, even, sometimes, bisexual open relationships.

But I also believe, totally, that all open relationships are, by definition, "open"--that is, consensual. Not just that you consent and he consents, but that she consents. Anything else is just called cheating. Not healthy, not happy, just destructive. Certainly destructive to you, his dirty little secret. (And I don't mean to imply that you're dirty. But in his mind, you're his dirty little secret.) And certainly destructive to her--she's going to find out someday, secrets rarely stay secret. And even destructive to him, unless he's sociopathic, and just lacks the empathy gene.

So, can you live with being his secret, with all the baggage that goes with that? Can you participate/be complicit in an an ultimately destructive relationship? From your own comments, it doesn't seem so. Kudos to you. Seriously. You've got a good sense of values built right into your core. But telling her so she won't feel betrayed later? I don't know... I wouldn't do that, but that's me.

Your relationship is with him, not with his GF. Maybe think about laying down the law with him. Tell him it's over unless he comes clean with himself and can live an authentic life, and then stick to it. Don't call, don't respond to phone calls, nothing. Go cold turkey. Maybe it will be an impetus for him if he really cares about you. If not, at least you'll know.

Harsh advice, huh? Especially coming from someone who's gotten to my age and accepted his sexuality only a week ago? But for whatever reason, your situation resonates with me. I've never cheated on my wife, because it's unimaginable to me that I could act so destructively in dishonesty. I've been very destructive in my own life for a while, but it's been in an effort to be authentic, not otherwise. I don't feel any better about it--I feel like s**t right now, but at least I'm finally being honest with myself, and with my wife. Your boyfriend is acting destructively with no desire to face the destruction he's causing. He needs a good mirror to look into.

I know this rambled on. I'm sorry. Your situation just brought of emotion to the surface.

---------- Post added 27th Jan 2014 at 08:55 AM ----------

OK, one more thing... A lot of your posts are about the harm this will cause his GF (who, maybe, for him, is just his beard--who knows?) and about what seem to me to be your feelings of guilt around this.

But I don't think you should try to own this guilt. You went into this relationship from a point of honesty and trust. You've known about her for only a few days. You do not own this guilt. It's all on him. Maybe consider seeing a good therapists for a bit to explore your feelings about this?

#19 StillAround, Jan 27, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2014
  20. origami

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Dear Sir,
    Thanks a ton for sharing your wisdom. It is not at all a harsh advice. Honestly. The proverb says: "As one gets older - one becomes more wiser".
    For the past one week or so I was feeling terribly miserable. I was feeling ashamed to look at myself into mirror every morning. Thinking that because of me someone is getting cheated and I am participating in it. But now I am bit relieved, to have so many supporters here on EC. True I should not feel guilty about her. But being a human being myself, I can feel her pain when I place myself in her shoe. And that hurts me a lot.
    Finally I have decided that I must leave him - but I do not despise him. He is a prisoner of his own crafted world now. I must tell him, that the relationship palace he is so dearly constructing - is 'by design' going to collapse someday and will destroy everyone connected to it.
    Now all I need is strength to heal my broken heart. 1 year with him was beautiful. But I cannot stick to him. I cannot be so selfish. I must leave him. Tough times ahead! :icon_sad::icon_sad::icon_sad:

---------- Post added 28th Jan 2014 at 02:07 AM ----------

She doesn't even know me properly - I guess. I have just spoken to her once - where she was introduced as his 'close' friend. I wonder if she is going to trust me in the first place. All I can wish her or rather them is a happy nuptial life ahead.
    I am leaving him. Will tell him tomorrow. It's going to break my heart. I am playing this in my head since morning - and it hurts! :icon_sad::icon_sad::icon_sad:
    But it's destiny. I am bounded by some basic moral obligations which I cannot break. True, it will hurt - but will add to my memory as an experience anyway. That's the silver lining I believe, to the cloud which I can see nearing.
    Thanks a ton Buddy. Thanks a lot!