1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Having crazy thoughts

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by A Person, Jan 26, 2014.

1. A Person

Alright so where I live, guys in my grade, and especially ones im closer too are rather open about sexuality and commonly will refer to people of both sexes and their looks without second thought. So everytime something like this happens I just feel like "Maybe their like me and like the same sex more than they think, maybe something could happen between us." I'm not sure if this is me being my overthinking self or if its because i crave some kind of extremely close friendship i used to have, thinking it was more than that like with my friend who i have posted about before. Basically, i just feel like the simplest jokes or statements are indicators that there is some interest from other men and its driving me nuts, i honestly just feel like i need to find more people and branch out but thats almost impossible. What's wrong with me?

2. A Person

Anything?

3. Hiems

It's possible that some of your friends are straight but comfortable with their sexuality. They can openly acknowledge the attractiveness of people of the same gender but have no romantic and/or sexual interest in them. So I would not use their remarks alone as indicators of sexual orientation.

Since you're looking for people similar to you, perhaps you could join an LGBT group at your school.

4. confused1234

There's nothing wrong with you. You're just subconsciously looking for someone to relate to, or to be with. What I've seen over and over again on EC is closeted or mostly closeted guys projecting gay characteristics and behaviors onto their closest straight friends because it's so damn easy to do. Like, how awesome would it be if your best friend were actually gay? It would be so convenient and easy and awesome if that were true. Unfortunately, that is very very rarely the case. But our minds like to play tricks on us. Does that make sense?

And it seems like you already know the easy solution to this problem: go out and meet people who are actually gay and might actually be into you. Easier said than done if you are still in the closet, but it is the best way to stop projecting gayness onto your straight friends.

5. WhiteShadows

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Some people are just very comfortable. I think it's starting to become more common for people not to be too afraid of the idea... for example, today I was talking about cute guys with a straight guy I know from scouts, and he was cool as a bean... xD

6. A Person

Thanks guys, it probably just is me wanting to talk to someone here about all this. I don't think there are any groups nearby I had an admin help me look a while ago, didn't find anything...and my parents kind of know, its really complicated but almost no one knows other than that about my thoughts towards men