1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Shouldn't Have Come Out To Someone Yet

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Pixelbro, Jan 27, 2014.

1. Pixelbro

Around September I came out to my little sister because I needed someone to talk to (should've found this website sooner). Everything was great and she accepted me, but a week or two ago she was hanging out with her best friend who I can't stand. Her friend is hyperactive, the kind of person that can't be quiet and can't keep a secret.

So her friend told my little sister that she thinks she might be lesbian. My little sister decided on her own to tell her I was gay, and that she could talk to me for advice. Yeah. Talk to me, you know, the kid in the back of the closet who lives with a very Christian-oriented family. Because I as a guy obviously know tons of advice for being lesbian.

So now I don't know what to do. I can't have her friend know this about me, because she'll tell her brother (who I know as somewhat of a friend), and he'll tell a bunch of other people I personally know. I was thinking maybe I'd tell my little sister that I've figured out I wasn't gay, and come out to her again sometime later in life, but that doesn't seem to fix any problems either.

I don't know. I appreciate any feedback.

2. WhiteShadows

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    :/

I would tell your sister to tell this girl that she was joking and that you're actually not gay.

3. Pixelbro

I don't know. If someone told you that they could give you advice for that kind of thing, would you believe it was a joke? Plus, it happened a couple weeks ago. Kinda late to say "just kidding!"

4. Beantown

Beantown Guest

I think then you're going to have to stress to her friend how you do not want her to tell anyone especially her brother and that she should respect your wishes.

5. Pixelbro

I guess I could try that. :/