1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roommate hitting on me...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by ilovebears, Jan 27, 2014.

1. ilovebears

I'm renting a room from a gay couple, and 2 other straight guys live here (the latter don't matter). The former is in an open relationship, and... one of them is hitting on me. I love him, and think of him as a brother, but he's starting to cross the line.

He KNOWS I'm deeply committed to my monogamous relationship (long-distance). I told him that my man wasn't mentally doing so well, and he jumped to the conclusion: "So the relationship isn't working out?" I told him of course it is, but it's difficult knowing my boyfriend is not in the best state...

Later, while 4 of 5 of the members of the house were in the kitchen (including me), I went to grab something from my room... and my roommate followed me in, asking me about a lot of these packages I'm receiving. I explained what they were... then he grabbed my arms, and moved his face close to mine, close enough to indicate kissing distance. I just froze, shocked at what he was doing... he was just staring at me... so I just gave him a hug.

I've always given him the benefit of the doubt about his playfulness, but I don't feel good about it now. I just need to summon up the courage to talk to his partner about this.

It was also compounded by the fact that I read some article that made monogamy seem ridiculous...

I don't really need advice, I just needed to vent on this. There's really nobody that I'd want to tell about this, at least not yet...

2. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If you are uncomfortable, say something so the friendship you have now doesn't sour. Don't act like his advances are just friendliness, because that gives him a green light to continue.

Also, monogamy is not ridiculous, and definitely there are plenty of people are not in and don't want to have open relationships.