1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My life sucks right now, and I don't know what to do about it.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by applepie, Jan 27, 2014.

1. applepie

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    To start off, I ended a long term relationship in the fall, and most of my friends picked my ex over me. Then I came out of the closet as Bi, and all of my female friends now think that I have a crush on them, so they're uncomfortable around me. Their boyfriends are even more uncomfortable, and one of them forbid my friend from hanging out with me alone or spending the night at my house.
    I have some friends at church who don't know that I'm bi. My best friend there has a crush on the guy I started dating (she didn't tell me until we were already together) and so nobody there wants to talk to me anymore. She tried apologizing for acting this way, but then she sent me a text that was meant for someone else... she was complaining about me. Now she and her best friend always hang out with my boyfriend and don't invite me, and im afraid that they're going to try to break us up.
    And my boyfriend... He says he's afraid to spend long periods of time with me. We're still getting to know each other, so sometimes its awkward, but I'm doing my best. He also says the relationship is starting to feel like a chore for him... I'm trying to give him a little space but I'm scared that he's ready to give up already.
    My sister is in a different city, dealing with her own stresses, so I can't talk to her right now. My parents are working almost 24/7 now, and my little brother wont get off his xbox long enough to talk to me. We've been having awful weather so basically I've been stuck in my bedroom alone with nobody to talk to.
    On top of all that, I already have seasonal depression, and my light box just isn't cutting it anymore. I graduate in 4 months, and I know things will start getting better, but I don't feel like I can take another 4 months...

2. rainbowkeyblade

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Dear applepie,

Take a deep breath... In and out...

Calm down.. Ok, you're calmed down now..?
    GOOD! I'm sorry but you're overreacting a little bit.. It's perfectly normal with all this stress of finishing school and nobody to talk to... I had a similar situation like this - My classmates heard a rumor that I was bi (which I am) and some of them couldn't stand me anymore (texts about hating me etc..). How I survived - get a good distraction... whatever you like (video games, drawing, and the list goes on).. Set a time each day to do this NOTE: It has to relax you.. and just try to ignore them (it will be hard) but After this journey your real friends will really come shining through ^^

Good luck!

3. applepie

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thank you so much!

I guess i might be overreacting.. I'm going to try getting more involved in activities and find a hobby that relaxes me like you said.
    Thanks for the advice!

4. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    First of all, many people have SAD, including me. Your weather and light related issues will dissipate soon.

Aside from relaxing hobbies, try doing activities that interest you but allow you to meet other people, not just for romantic relationships but platonic ones too. Having friends makes the world seem a better place.