1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Resources for parents??

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Skov, Jan 27, 2014.

1. Skov

Hey Everyone!

As you may or may not know, I recently came out to my parents. They said they loved me, but weren't supportive. They also are having problems reconciling my sexuality with their religious beliefs. I was wondering if anyone had any good links to articles or websites that might offer them some insight. There isn't a PFLAG chapter anywhere near where they live otherwise I'd direct them there. Here are a few that I was thinking of sending them:

Just Because He Breathes | Learning to Truly Love our Gay Son… (Christian parents learning to love their gay son for who he is)

Ten Things I've Learned About Gay People in Ten Years | A Christian Perspective | (Christian woman learning to understand)

Matthew Vines | The Gay Debate: The Bible and Homosexuality (Scripture Debate)

PFLAG: Parents, Families, & Friends of Lesbians and Gays (PFLAG page)

Anybody else know of any good ones? (They don't need to be Christian based)

2. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm Jewish and I loved the "Just Because He Breathes" article...it was one of the things that helped me feel ready to come out to my parents after being in denial for 10 years.