1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Complications

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by redsoxgrl34, Jan 27, 2014.

1. redsoxgrl34

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I have been into this girl on my rugby team that claims to be straight. We are friends but we have made out twice and gotten pretty far with hooking up once. She is always flirting with me/hitting on me/finding excuses to come back to my room but still always talks about guys. For example, recently she asked if she could keep her beer in my room for the weekend. She also has a dorm on campus but made up some excuse. I like her a lot but I don't think she'll ever really accept her feelings towards me. On the other hand, two weekends ago I met this gay girl at a party who was into me and we exchanged numbers. She asked if I wanted to go out sometime but I told her I was talking to someone only because I know it would be wrong to go out with someone while thinking about someone else. What should I do now? The girl is cool and cute, but I am still stuck on this straight girl and pathetically holding onto hope.

2. Tayb24

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, I am hardly a person to be giving advice, but here is what I would suggest. Go out with the gay girl that asked you out. It doesn't have to turn into something serious, it's just one date. Who knows, you may even really hit it off with her. If you keep trying to wait for the straight girl to come around, she may not and you may have missed a great opportunity.

Besides that, going out on a date with another girl may make the other girl you like a little jealous when she sees that it's not a gaurentee that you are available, although that probably shouldn't be the primary motivator for going out on the date with the gay girl of course. Like I said though, your one date doesn't necessarily have to turn into something serious, unless you want it to.

I will add the caveat again though that I am probably not the best person in the world to be taking advice from in regards to dating, so take what I say with a grain of salt.

3. LovelyBunny

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I agree with Tayb24! I was hooked on a straight girl-friend for three years before I figured out it would never happened- I got a good friend out of it but also a bit of a broken heart *life wasted

4. redsoxgrl34

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Thank you so much to both of you. I am supposed to hang out with the girl tomorrow with other people so not so much pressure. Hopefully things go well! :slight_smile:

5. wanderinggirl

Rugby girl has to stop jerking you around and figure out her own stuff. She might be gay/bi and just very repressed, or she might be seeking the attention you are giving her. I hope it's the former and that she overcomes the repression; but in the meantime you deserve to be with someone who wants the same stuff as you.