1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I don't know how to get over her

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by closetedgirl, Jan 29, 2014.

1. closetedgirl

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi, firstly Im new here, but my friend told me this is a really god place to let your feelings out and stuff so I guess i'm look for answers...

REALLY long story here so I hope you guys don't mind
    This thread is about this girl i am trying to get over but I think it's only fitting that I explain what happened a couple of months ago.

I'm 14 (15 in october) and about 2 months ago I finally admitted I was lesbian although I was in denial for 2 years, when I told my friend (the same one who referred me to this site) he told me he was gay too and we basically became even closer after that, eventually I told a couple of people but that's a really long story and stuff.

Anyway recently i've been opening up and admitting to myself, people I like, and I started realizing, that I have a massive crush on this girl. Firstly I'm in grade 10 and she's in grade 11 a year older than me (I won't say her name so I'm going to call her chloe),and one of my friends gives me a lift home with chloe and her little brother and my friends brother, this is after school. Anyway basically i started realizing that I secretly liked her, and basically when I realized I was lesbian, I started to really admit that I liked her.

First of all she's pretty, she has this awesome amazing personality and I'm basically seriously crushing over her. Most of the time we sit in the car next to each other since I'm dropped off first and we talk because we're friends by now, and she's really cool and we talk about a lot of stuff even gay rights, and last time she was telling me she was asking me if I liked anyone and I started blushing and I was really shy and she said 'wow this guy must be special' and I just smiled really awkwardly because in reality I liked her but I wasn't going to tell her that.

2 weeks ago I realized this was getting seriously out of hand and that I needed to get over her because I knew she was straight (although my friend thinks that she might be bi, but honestly I think she's straight) and it's killing me, whenever I think I'm getting over her, I meet her outside of school I realize I still like her.

It's not just a like her, I mean really like her and sometimes i find myself thinking about her and I feel ugly next to her and a freak because she's extremely pretty and I'm all scruffy schoolgirl.

I'm not 100% ok with being lesbian, I still haven't totally accepted it, in the first place, sometimes I just get depressed over it and everything, I broke down at school today because I'm just tired of life in general and all the shit it throws at me with my Dad throwing extremely rude and homophobic comments at me. I just want to get over her and I don't know how, I know it's not going to be easy but any advice in general would help.

Thanks. :help:

2. Clay

Unfortunately you'll just have to let it fade by itself. If there was an easy way to get over feelings for someone we'd all do it.

3. timetogo

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I really applaud you for being able to admit to yourself at your age about your sexuality. Not a lot of people are able to admit that to themselves until much later, so you should be proud!

It sounds like you and her are good friends. It must be difficult to see her at school so often with those secret feelings for her. Unfortunately, really all you can do is give it time and wait for the feelings to subside. And they will go away, but I dont think it would be a good idea to say anything to her cause you'll risk losing that friendship.

But at the same time, keep an eye out for the chance that she may feel the same way as you. You never know!

4. closetedgirl

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people

5. Rosepetal

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    honey u are young nd there will b plenty women in college yes i said women :slight_smile: college is better :slight_smile: look on the bright side of things am i right ladies?

6. closetedgirl

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yeah i really hope so haha thanks :slight_smile:

7. Rosepetal

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ur welcome lol but doing drugs and sleeping around isnt the way u get a woman`s attention

8. closetedgirl

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Obviously not :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: