1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does he think I stalk him or does he actually like me?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by hdearnley, Jan 29, 2014.

1. hdearnley

About five months ago me and a friend told this guy (I'm not close enough to randomly talk to him) one of my girl friends fancied him and he seemed really shy about. It took a lot of persuasion to get him to text her, such as me adding him on Facebook and messaging him once about talking to her and one of my close friends talking to him about it, but he text her once with dead-ended questions. Then some time after that we were in the café and he was sat in front of me with a friend and his friend pointed at me and laughed, which I confronted the guy about the next day and he said he didn't know why he did it, but I hinted that I knew he had met up with two guys in the past (because I was a bit angry) and in case I thought I was stalking him, which I wasn't. Then after that the last thing that annoyed me was when I walked past him and his friends who were sat in the café and my mate told me he tried to hide his face when I walked past. However a few months later I followed him on twitter randomly but he didn't follow back so I unfollowed him, so I tried to forget about him, but he seemed to be around me even more: e.g. sit near me and stare at me and a few of my friends I was sat with - I realised he probably doesn't fancy me though if he didn't follow me back, but my friend pointed out he might just be scared because he'll look gay.

Now recently, after Christmas break, I've tried to be put off him and he has started staring at me a lot more, especially last week when at the sofas he was with a group of girls and kept looking over at me (could tell he wasn't talking about me); in the canteen he kept turning round and staring at me; on the bus it was just us two and he looked back at me so I glanced at him and he immediately turned away but a few seconds later stared again and we maintained contact for a few seconds until I looked away which continued on the bus for the rest of the journey - he was sat well in front of me on the other side of the bus and kept on sneakingly turning his head towards me, but usually he sits nearer to the back of the bus, not the front. In the mornings he is always on and he always sits two seats in front of me, behind his friend, but he hardly speaks to anyone on the bus.

He is a really shy and quiet guy and nearly everyone thinks he's gay, and he met up with an old friend of mine a year ago (a guy who has just recently come out) which nobody else knows about, but he's had two girlfriends in the past but apparently they never did anything. I'm just wondering if he thinks I'm a creep or if he has started liking me back all of a sudden and this is why, especially when there are fewer people, he looks at me. Also, the major staring on the bus started in the past week after I was saying "I'd probably not mind if a guy was a bit attractive and tried to kiss me" so I don't know if that's a coincidence and that he is glancing at me more because he can kind of guess that I might fancy him and he wants to speak to me. Some of my friends think he fancies me, but a few think he might just want to be my friend/even admire me, or he has social anxiety because one of my friends is quite gossipy and he might know she is talking about him right near him, but he never makes effort to stare at her. The thing is, if he thought I was stalking him he'd probably not dare be near me, let alone glance at me. Thanks in advance!