1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does he think I'm stalking him or does he like me?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by hdearnley, Jan 29, 2014.

1. hdearnley

About five months ago me and a friend told him one of my girl friends fancied him and it took a lot of persuasion to get him to text her, which he did once. Then I added him on Facebook and messaged him once about talking to her. Then after that we were in the café and he was sat in front of me with a friend and his friend pointed at me and laughed, which I confronted the guy about the next day and he said he didn't know why he did it, but I hinted that I knew he had met up with two guys in the past (because I was a bit angry) and in case I thought I was stalking him which I wasn't. Then after that the last thing that annoyed me was when I walked past him and his friends who were sat in the café and my mate told me he tried to hide his face when I walked past. However a few months later I followed him on twitter randomly but he didn't follow back so I unfollowed him, so I tried to forget about him, but he seemed to be around me even more: e.g. sit near me and stare at me and a few of my friends I was sat with - then again he probably would've followed me back if he liked me, but my friend pointed out he might be trying to hide the fact he likes guys (too).

Now recently, after Christmas break, I've tried to be put off him and he has started staring at me a lot more, especially last week after I said "if a guy was attractive and tried kissing me I wouldn't be bothered" which he may take as a sign or it is just a coincidence: when at the sofas he was with a group of girls and kept looking over at me (could tell he wasn't talking about me); in the canteen he kept staring at me by looking over his shoulder and on the bus the other day it was just us two and he looked back at me so I glanced at him and he immediately turned away but a few seconds later stared again and we maintained contact for a few seconds until I looked away which continued on the bus the rest of the journey, but he was sat near the front of the bus on the other side, whereas usually he sits at the back near me. In the mornings, he is always on and sits two seats in front of me all the time, behind his friend who he rarely speaks to, and on the odd chance he'll smile to himself if I say something funny.

He is a really shy and quiet guy and nearly everyone thinks he's gay, and he met up with an old friend of mine a year ago (a guy) which nobody else knows about, but he's had two girlfriends in the past but did nothing with them. I'm just wondering if he thinks I'm a creep because of his guy friends acting a bit weird and me not being followed back on twitter, or if he has started liking me back all of a sudden and this is why, especially when there are fewer people, he looks at me (nobody knows I'm bi so he may be wary). Also, some of my friends think he fancies me or that he may want to just be my friend/even admires me, but one of my friends pointed out he may just be socially awkward and a bit paranoid, especially considering one of my girl friends quite obviously talks about him secretly when near him, which I don't particularly like her doing. Him thinking I'm stalking him is a bit sceptical too because he would probably not even be near me, let alone discreetly stare at me on the bus and even stare and smile a bit at me while I saw him on the way to class. Thanks in advance! :icon_bigg