1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I feel ashamed?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Saintly89, Jan 29, 2014.

1. Saintly89

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I never considered myself a closeted person until I started talking to a friend of mine I also suspect is closeted. For some reason I can't bring myself to come out to him for fear of losing him.

I have out gay friends and I'm out to them. They would be really confused by what I've done. It's really a surprise to me because I just assumed he knew I was gay but wasn't comfortable bringing it up. I'm not obvious upon first meeting but after knowing me a while the writing is on the wall. I was pretty confident he knew because of how I dress and act. A text he sent me tonight confirmed he's in the dark.

He asked me what kind of girls I like and I said smart girls when I'm attracted to them and that I used to have a crush on my female friend. It's not a lie. I did like my friend and I do like smart girls. I said WHEN I'm attracted to them to try and imply I'm not always attracted to them. Obviously I rarely am. I don't identify as bisexual.

I feel like I'm being totally dishonest and I'm quite disappointed in myself. :bang:

2. LovelyBunny

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Its a natural defense that you said you were attracted to women. But also think maybe he was testing you to see if you were attracted to women at all..*hint hint*'

But yes you were dishonest you misled him to believe you were something you were not, Is that the worst thing in the world?..No...Are you gonna lose your friendship over it?..Probably not(if ya do he wasn't a good friend)....Are you the worst person alive?....Hell no.

Just Let him know when your ready with subtle hints and stuff or even ask him were his sexuality stands (non-chalantly) or ask him what kind of girls he likes and see his response *hint hint* P(-+-)P