1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Meeting my BF for the first time

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by kylelds, Jan 30, 2014.

1. kylelds

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So my bf and I have been dating for quite awhile now and I'm officially going to go down and see him for Valentine's Day. He's in the navy and with me moving to Utah, it's made it a bit difficult to actually even think about it. But I took the plunge and dove in and bought the ticket to see him in two weeks! I'm really excited and I"m really nervous! I'm not sure how I should react when I first see him, should I just got with the flow and see what happens? I've never really dated anyone before so any advice would be greatly appreciated!

#1 kylelds, Jan 30, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2014
  2. katwat

Try to be calm and be yourself. If you are normally the kind of person who gives hugs when you greet someone then give a hug. If you normally do not display affection in public then don't. If you feel like holding his hand, hold his hand. If you feel like kissing him or laughing or whatever do it. If you don't, don't.

Good luck and enjoy the excitement!

3. kylelds

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    @Katwat,

Thanks for the reply! Hugging is a huge thing in my family, I'm just a bit worried about what's going to happen being in public and all. I really want to kiss him, it's just the doing it in public, but I think I'll try it! Thanks! Besides I'll be out of Utah then haha

4. mobrien1993

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well first of all congrats!! I hope you have a great time. Don't overthink it to much. Just do your best to be yourself, that's the person he fell for. Most of all don't do anything you're not comfortable with.

5. kylelds

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    @mobrien1993,

thanks for the reply, I really appreciate the advice, I've been trying not to think too much about it, but I'm a worry-wart and I usually plan things a good five years in advance, so this is a big step for me to be taking :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: