1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I've liked this guy for 6 months...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by yep, Jan 31, 2014.

1. yep

yep

So, I met this guy (D) in a class that I was in last semester. We got really close and I developed a crush on him. Like, a serious crush. I didn't even know if he was into guys at all, so one of my best friends (who happens to be very good friends with D) decided to do some snooping. As it turns out, he's been really confused about his sexuality, and he apparently liked me but he was still really confused about his sexuality and all. So, we were at a point where I liked him and was starting to come out as gay, and he was still confused about his sexuality but he liked me.

Well, that was September. We have continued to kinda flirt a little bit (nothing at all obvious) and we talk and stuff, but nothing serious. I really like him and I love talking to him, and I could definitely see a relationship between us.

My problem, though, is I don't know how to bring all the relationship stuff up with him. I'm really bad at flirting and everything, but I really want to somehow bring it up. Any ideas EC family? :help:

2. Rosepetal

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    just ask where does he wanna go from here?

3. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Why don't you just hang out with him, one-on-one? You don't have to do much; it could even be a movie or going out to a cafe or coffee shop.

4. yep

yep

Our biggest problem is that while he goes to my school, he lives much further away than all my other friends because he's part of the No Child Left Behind program because of where he lives. I'm hanging out with him today as part of a school function, but I can never seem to get him alone...

5. dapulu

Why don't you level up the flirting a bit and see how he reacts? Sometimes it's a bit hard to see each other, so try and make the best out of the time you spend with him, and one way is making sure he knows what you think of him in a subtle way...like flirting.

If you don't know how, start by giving him compliments in his looks, ideas and opinions(but obviously in an honest way, don't go making stuff up), also try making your bodies touch, like being closer to him when he talks or accidentaly touching his hannd with yours, add a wink here and there, look into his eyes and smile :wink:, try by adding innuendos jokingly.

Also try whenever its possible to meet him alone, i understand he lives far away, but maybe he can stay an hour after school and play around a bit or talk or something along those lines.

Best of wishes!! Good luck and keep us updated :wink:

6. WhiteShadows

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    How for away? Surely if he commutes to school each day he can manage to do something with you. Just ask him out, and do what comes naturally :slight_smile:

7. yep

yep

Thank you so much! You have no idea how helpful this was. :slight_smile:

The biggest problem is that he still hasn't accepted his sexuality himself and I've heard through my friend that he's really struggling with it. What would be natural would just to ask him on a date, but I don't want to put him in that position if he isn't comfortable with his sexuality...

8. 4AllEternity

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I completely agree. It's best not to formally ask guys who have not accepted their sexuality "out", as they can often respond to it as perceived threat to their masculinity, and even if they don't, they're probably not ready to formally date the gender they're confused towards.

I would instead aim more for inviting him over to hang out, and do it discreetly (via text if you guys have established a dialogue over texting, and if not, in-person somewhere quiet). I wouldn't push anything the first time you hang out, I'd just have fun playing video games. Essentially get comfortable with each other, and then maybe start volunteering information about yourself to see how he reacts. I wouldn't necessarily jump right to admitting you have a thing for him, I'd start by seeing how he reacts to your sexuality. He might reciprocate your trust and admit he's been confused himself, and then things might just sort of work their way out by themselves.