1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Long distance relationship

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by MissyT, Feb 1, 2014.

1. MissyT

Hi,
    For the past 8 months I've been in a relationship with a wonderful woman. The only thing "wrong" is that we live thousands of miles apart. This summer I'm going to go visit her and I am super nervous about everything. We Skype daily but I'm really shy and I don't Know how to deal with actually meeting her. I'm stressing about everything (what to wear, what to do, if we are going to have sex or not). I'm even really nervous about going to her city.I live in a Smallish town - and she lives in Toronto. I don't Know what I'm asking. I'm just super nervous and I'm even thinking about Cancelling my flight.

2. Drummergirl8

I know your situation all to well. If you really love her and you know she really loves you, then youll be fine. great actually. You will be nervous at first just cause the uncertainty of every thing. But you had said y'all skype every day? thats a great way to know how yall would act when y'all are together :icon_bigg If you scared you might just want to go for a short time just to be sure and so it calms you down. But as soon as you get comfortable together you won't want to leave.

3. MissyT

I'm going for 2 weeks and I have no idea what to expect. I'm also scared that once we actually meet I won't want to leave like you said but we both still have to finish our studies. Honestly I'm an emotional wreck. :s

4. Drummergirl8

Well You might not want to leave but you could have one of the best two weeks of your life. If yall act great with each other over skype then yall will be great when yall are together. and with the sex thing if yall arent comfortable then dont do it. Do you want to keep having a relationship with her?

5. MissyT

Yeah. I really do love her and would like to stay in a relationship with her

6. Drummergirl8

Then youll have a perfect time with her. When you have to leave it will probably be really hard, but the time you had before that, makes up for it. Going could be one of the best times of your life, and could really show you and her where y'all want the relationship to go. Like i said before i know about long distance relationships all to well so if you ever need any thing you can send me a private message. :thumbsup:

7. mobrien1993

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I can say that I'm sorta in the same situation as you (except me and the girl I'm talking to are not in a relationship, we decided to just see what happens) I'm sure it will be a little awkward at first since this is the first time you guys are seeing each other face to face. I would just try to get to know her better and see what her personality is like in real life. You should try to have a good time and just enjoy being there and with her. As for having sex, you'll have plenty of time for that later. Don't do anything you aren't comfortable with.

8. MissyT

Thanks :grin: I really do hope things will go well. I'm not sure what I'd do otherwise

9. Wardrobe93

When I first met my bf and stayed the night (long distance aswell) I felt awful when i left i so didnt want to leave! although i was only there one night and every time i see him its by far the worst part:S and you'll probably think are they feeling the same way and all that.

Thats a relationship im afraid :slight_smile: up and down but so worth it just relax and enjoy it!

xxxx

10. MissyT

Thanks for the advice. Relaxing really isn't something I'm good at but I'm definitely trying

11. wandergirl

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Please don't cancel that flight :grin:
    She might be as nervous as you. As you never met before, it might take a while to get to know each other in person better. just talk to her and as attraction grows stronger, you girls can start kissing and maybe it leads to sex... maybe not.
    Just let it happen. the most important thing is that you are getting to know her better. and remember that you don't need to do anything you are not comfortable with. :slight_smile:

12. MissyT

I probably won't cancel the flight seeing as they're going to charge me a lot of money if I do xD . I guess I'm really just insecure about myself still..

13. Drummergirl8

Don't be insecure about your self. theres a reason yall still together and why y'all love each other. She sees a great you and you should to. And natalia is right. she probably is as nervous as you are. and you would probably come to find youd regret canceling that flight. so follow your heart

14. MissyT

Thanks again. I'm not going to cancel the flight. It's not until July but I'm already (still) stressing.

15. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm in a long distance relationship also. I'm sure everyone is a little nervous about first meeting up and the impression they initially make. When I was talking to my girlfriend last night I literally cried at the thought of her leaving (we plan to first meet up in late October and have been committed to each other for coming up on 6 months.

What are you most stressed about? :slight_smile:
    Hugs~

16. MissyT

I'm stressed really about everything but mostly about not being good enough I guess :s

17. wandergirl

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I'm pretty sure you r gonna get on very well. if you girls are able to skype everyday i guess you really like being with each other. just meet her and take it easy.

Not being good enough? meaning you won't be good enough for her or if the relationship might be disappointing?

Btw, Toronto is awesome! you r gonna love the city :slight_smile:

18. MissyT

I feel like I won' be good enough for her. I'm not trying to sound conceited but I know that I'm pretty but I'm really not good at talking to people. Also the idea of going to a big city scares the crap outta me lol. I went to Dallas once... I thought I was going to Die xD ! I grew up on a farm. There were like 1000 people and animals in the village. Now I live in a town with almost 100,000 people.

19. wandergirl

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    well u say you skype very often eh? so i think that talking to her won't be an issue :slight_smile: is she your first gf?

oooh. idk how it is to live in a small city :frowning2: . never been to Dalas but Toronto is a pretty organized city (i'm thinking in a worldwide scale though). if you don't like big crowds just avoid dundas square and the busiest metro stations and you'll be fine. (i went there twice so i'm sorry if i'm making a wrong judgement). You could def go with her to an island about 15min by ferry from town. it's really pretty, specially during fall. i'm sure it's gonna be romantic :grin:

20. MissyT

Yeah, she is my first girlfriend. I guess I'm also nervous about not being good enough due to inexperience.