1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm a Crazy Cat Lady (well, gay guy, but you get the point)

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by AaronMed, Feb 1, 2014.

1. AaronMed

Hey guys,

So my boyfriend has a dog named Honey, and I have two cats named Mandy and Izzy. I'm a crazy cat person in every sense of the term. I have 61 cat figurines on my dresser, and no, I'm not joking. I even wrap Christmas presents and put them in stockings for my cats.

My boyfriend is more of a dog person, but he really likes cats too. The issue is that I really, really, really dislike dogs. I especially hate when dogs try to be affectionate with me by licking me - my immediate response is to shriek "ewwww".

I also have a fear that when I go over to my boyfriend's house for the first time, his dog will interrupt us, and that'll drive me crazy.

Advice?

2. mobrien1993

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Being an animal lover I can see where you are both coming from. Just try to keep in mind that his dog is just as important to him as your cats. Is there something that happened to you in your life that made you not like them? As far as being afraid of the dog interrupting you, just lock him out of the room. It may seem like a weird idea but maybe when you guys get more comfortable with each other try making plans that involve your pets one day and his the next that way you can get more comfortable around his pets and he can be more comfortable around yours since they seem like a big part of your life.

#2 mobrien1993, Feb 1, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2014
  3. WhiteShadows

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Dog's mouths are almost always cleaner than humans', if that makes you feel better...
    Eh... Just tell him you'd prefer it if he kept the dog in another room or outside or whatever