1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think I've screwed up!

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by RGuy, Feb 1, 2014.

1. RGuy

OK, here's my problem.

I recently took the plunge and joined an online dating site. Well I got chatting to this guy and we got on really well and arranged to meet each other last week. I thought the 'date' went pretty well and he seemed to enjoy it as well. But then he seemed cold with me when I tried messaging and texting him the next day. Well today I got a bit frustrated and asked him if he wanted to see me again. I didn't get any response but I know he read the message so I sent another one saying that if I didn't hear anything further from him I'd take it as a 'no' and wished him well. Well I haven't heard anything.

The thing is I'm now regretting being so rash and not giving him some space and time to see if he continued being cold. I sent him a text asking if we can talk but again no response.

The thing is I really like this guy but fear I've blown it for good. Is there any way back with him or should I just try to move on?

Thanks in advance.

2. WearyWanderer

I think it might be best to move on. I'm sorry things didn't work out, but I don't think he's that interested in you. :frowning2:

3. dapulu

I'm sorry that this is happenning to you, but please Move on. Been there, done that. He's ignoring you and that's just rude. Stop texting him. I know it's hard and you will probably do it again, but keep on trying! Because, trust me on this, if someone's interested you will know for sure! He'll answer, and initiate more stuff.

I'm guessing you let a couple of days or even a week pass by. If you're freaking out because he doesn't answer in less than a day then you're being clingy and that ain't gonna end well, because there are a lot of factors that could prevent him from answering.

Good luck and best of wishes!! Keep us updated!

4. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Don't put too much emphasis on texting and reply times. Some people are just not frequent texters or are the type who will read a message but prefer to talk in person.

I agree that you should stop texting him. You've made your position clear, so there really isn't anything more you can do except wait and try looking for other guys. Remember that there are often flaky people in online dating, which I think is just a symptom of the service.