1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Would u sleep away ur problems?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Rosepetal, Feb 1, 2014.

1. Rosepetal

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I sleep away my problems due to my depression, today i was sleeping nd my dumb brother barged in twice in my room .nd i was dragged bc im not eating enough .I didnt want to eat ,i wanted to sleep my problems away . I guess im broken now bc im not in school anymore,i want to go but i dont want to fail again ,i actually wanna make the cut into physical therapy.

2. katwat

You need to get up and get going. You cannot sleep your problems away. They are waiting for you when you wake up. You need to work on fixing them.

Don't be afraid of failure. Failure just means you need to try something harder or from a different angle. If you did not make the cut into physical therapy then what are the requirements? What were you weak on? Work hard at being better at those things. If you are not in school right now then you have time to focus on improving those areas. Reread old material, study online, whatever it takes to strengthen any weak areas.

Also eat. Eat healthy foods in the proper amounts. Drink plenty of water. Treat your body right. If you are not eating well your body will feel awful and it is much easier to be depressed.

I know it sounds like "easier said than done" but work on that depression. I have fought it forever so it's voice of experience here. You have to start recognizing triggers, the early stages of a depression, the signs that you are heading for a spiral. When you can recognize those early signs and triggers you can work on changing them.

My husband hit a very depressive cycle after he got hurt. Since I have depression issues I could spot what was going on but he could not get outside his head enough to see it clearly. I kept telling him what I am telling you and he just did not get it until one day he had an AH HA moment.

Try to get outside your head. Don't just say "I feel depressed" ask yourself why. Try to find the cause not just of your overall depression but of this moments depression. If you can find what set you off then ask what about that makes you depressed then work on that. One bit of depression, one cause, one incident at a time. Break your depression into little chunks. Fix it a bit at a time. Get ahold of the things you can get ahold of and make them better.

While you are doing all that remember that someone cares.

Feel better.

3. Rosepetal

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i just wish my mom nd dad would bud out of my problems tho

4. closetedgirl

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Sleeping away my problems is what I do, but then there comes a time where you have to snap out of it, I know it's not easy, i've actually resorted to stuff like self harm but anyway, depression is difficult to deal with, and believe me eat, the less you eat the more depressed you feel, eat small bites and then eventually increase them. Your mum and your dad are probably trying to understand but I know what you mean, you just want them to leave you alone, maybe you even don't want to be around anyone, thats what depression does, it makes you cut off from everyone, but don't shut yourself out, just try, do you have a good relationship with your mum? If yes maybe try to talk to her about this.

5. Rosepetal

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    not really NO

6. Balloonwolf

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    When I thought I had transmitted a disease from my last ex, I fell into shock and depression, and the only way I felt I could handle it was by sleeping all the time. Sleep was an escape for me that was comfortable, but it did harm me in the ways mentioned.

I began to lower my food intake, and instead of exercising, I let myself lose weight fast. I was always tired, and when I was actually awake for once, I would begin to sob and fight my way to get home and in bed. Relationships started to fall, and my parents were worried.

Katwat has some excellent advice, yet the only one who can decide to make the difference is you, Rosepetal. You've posted on this blog, and we're here for you, doing our best to help as much as we can. If it's your parents that are troubling you, just know that we've been there; my mother constantly toys with me saying I should be a strong man then asking me if I would wear a dress for her. Be stronger than them, treat yourself and your body right.

7. Rosepetal

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    thank u :slight_smile: