1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Closeted bf left me as no longer loves me

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by jjc007, Feb 2, 2014.

1. jjc007

I am 34 and my ex-35 year old partner of 2.5 years left me in November. I am struggling as I genuinely believe our relationship was meant to be. I am from UK and he is from south-east Europe with homoephobic culture and baggage. He is out to nobody. He left the UK in August and that is when he now tells me he feels different, even though he says in July he loved me and loved being with me!

Long story short - we had many coming out chats, he always said he wanted me and loved me, couldn't live without me. Now he says when he left 'something changed' - he still has feelings for me but not as deep. He says he may have convinvced himself he has less feelings for me as he knows he cannot face coming out and family reactions etc (conservative background) and that he cannot offer me a proper relationship. I recently found out his brother is gay and I told him the other day (he suspected it). This has shaken him as it only the two of them. His parents ask them both regularly if they have girlfriends.

I said to him I am still here and still love him. He says things are going around in his head but that he wants to keep things as they are and that I shouldn't wait. Will he change his mind? What else can I do?