1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I being Selfish?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Wardrobe93, Feb 3, 2014.

1. Wardrobe93

So,

I met someone online we've met 4 or 5 times staying at his house about 2 hours away from me. We got on great from the start and met after only 2 and a half weeks online (CRAZY I know) and it was great as has everytime ive been there. The last time which was just over 2 weeks ago seemed to end a bit crappy, I get a bit depressed about being in the closet and slightly confused (out to a few people though :slight_smile: and he is really busy and stressed with Uni and i totally get it he's constantly having to have meetings to basically start his company and get himself noticed in the industry hes pursuing (wont go into too much detail)

But I feel since I last saw him he's not as interested. We still text every day but havent video chatted since where as we probs did twice a week before and havent gone more than 2 weeks without seeing him since we met! Looks like it could be a month at least for next time atm.

I feel like he feels he has to see me rather than wants to see me. Ive told him before if its too much then i understand but he still talks to me but i feel like im making the effort.

I wanna tell him this but im worried it might jeopardise what we have. His most recent text has really pissed me off: I said do you wanna video chat tonight and he said hes gotta cook and got work to do (he went into more detail) and that could we do it on the weekend if he doesnt get time in the week? Whereas I was planning on saying about visiting him this weekend :angry:

I KNOW hes busy but ive said even if we only get to see eachother for an evening its better than nothing, i mean im the one doing the travelling! (not something im complaining about he couldnt come here anyway)

So I wanna text him saying I want to see you and i feel like i'm a chore rather than someone you want to see I know you've got so much on but then wasnt this the case when we met?

HELP ME!!!! I just dont wanna text him till ive got a bit of advice,

XXXX

2. sounds like you want a relationship with this guy and he doesnt know your feelings. have you spoken to him about how you feel? also i really dont mean offence but it sounds like youre being a little clingy.

distance yourself from him a little, sounds like he has distanced himself a bit becuase maybe you wanting to see him a lot was a bit too much.

are you the one alllways to text him first? if so id lay off a bit till he is the one to text you first, he just might need some breathing space but doesnt know how to bring it up.
    youve said it yourself he is busy with uni and things, so he has other things to concentrate on aswell, i know you do too but his education is important.

sorry i hope i dont sound harsh. but if i was him you would be a little too clingy for me. but different strokes for different folks and all that.

3. Wardrobe93

As far as texting is concerned its even i actually normally wait for him, he always says speak to you tomorrow, he was the first one to say I love you and before our last visit he was always the one with soppy texts and saying how great I was and that seems to have all stopped.

Maybe I am a lil clingy but he was the first to be like it and used to want me to come round. Surely if we're in a relationship then a month between visits just wont work?

4. depends, seems like you need to be with someone close or at least see them often. i cant speak for him so youll have to speak to him and find out.

distance can work. it just might take some getting used to.

4 weeks, isnt anything really considering lots of people have ldrs in other countries and dont see each other as often as you both do. they maybe have to wait 6 months till they see that person again.

sometimes things wont work out the way you want them too and you might have to wait a little longer to see that person but if you both want it it can work of course! :slight_smile:

5. Wardrobe93

hmm yeah i have no idea how international relationships work tbh and yeah I really want this to work i just dunno i guess i dont feel like I know what he wants but then theres only one way to find out... :S

6. Gold smash

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi there.
    I think you should just give him a little space for the time being, like you said, he is very busy with work and uni, the night yoiu wanted to video call him he was probably very busy. Sometimes its just difficult to find two minutes spare when you have loads in your life going on, I know from experience. You said you still text everyday so that must mean something, just give it a little time.